Job ID: NC-637756 (95591022)
Healthcare BA with with QA, UAT, HIPAA, EHR/EMR, HIE, data analysis and JAD experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 2 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only (US Citizen only)
Positions: 1 (1/2)
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely but will be expected to work onsite once staff return to site. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
Experience with analyzing and documenting processes and requirement specifications. Required 3 Years
Experience drafting UAT test scripts Required 3 Years
Experience conducting/performing user acceptance testing Required 3 Years
Understanding business requirements and translating them into specific software requirements Required 3 Years
Knowledge of SDLC project management methodology supporting application development Required 3 Years
Knowledge of HIPAA and health care regulatory compliance as they relate to EHR/EMR systems and HIE. Required 3 Years
Experience with data analysis using government administrative data Required 3 Years
Knowledge and experience in healthcare data analysis Required 3 Years
Knowledge of relational databases and business enterprise systems Required 3 Years
Facilitate and/or participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions for the development of functional and technical requirements Required 3 Years
The Business Analyst will work with the NC HIEA team to understand business needs, define requirements, and perform testing for the NC CARES Act projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Business Analysis
o Facilitate and/or participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions for the development of functional and technical requirements
o Document requirements to support solution development
o Draft UAT test scripts
o Conduct/perform user acceptance testing
• Project Management
o Provide oversight and management of State deliverables supporting project schedules
o Provide status reports on assigned projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Experience with analyzing and documenting processes and requirement specifications.
• Understanding of general IT architectural principles, technical designs and specifications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with non-technical clients.
• Ability to think analytically and problem solve.
• Understanding business requirements and translating them into specific software requirements.
• Knowledge of SDLC project management methodology supporting application development
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of HIPAA and health care regulatory compliance as they relate to Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems and Health Information Exchange (HIE).
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools, including Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to plan, organize and execute duties independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams and all levels of an organization, including IT executives, business managers and other technical and clinical staff.
• Experience with data analysis using government administrative data
• Knowledge and experience in healthcare data analysis
• Knowledge of relational databases and business enterprise systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or any related field from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business consultation, process improvement or requirement gathering in an information technology environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
***Special Requirement for Employment***
• This position is subject to NC Administrative Code 14B NCAC 18A.0401 which requires:
o US citizenship
o Shall be at least 18 years of age
o Subject to fingerprint background verification