Request ID: BL-9058-1 (98891212)
Healthcare BA with rules, Medicaid, test cases/UAT, data flow diagrams, laws/regulations/policy mining, modeling, insurance, MMIS and MS Project/Server experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
Remote Work Availability: 0%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5 years’ experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
• 5 years’ experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
• 3 years Medicaid or healthcare experience
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases.
• Building test cases and scenarios into test systems
• Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing.
• Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
• Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
• Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
• Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• General Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to Medicaid or other healthcare insurance experience (project or operations)
• MMIS experience (project or operations)
• Microsoft Office Project/Project Server
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.
Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field Yes 1
Miscellaneous business modeling techniques Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Program Management – RUP methodology Eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Building test cases and scenarios into test systems Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Medicaid or healthcare experience Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Objectives to Be Fulfilled by Candidate:
The principal duties of this position are to evaluating agency needs, as-is and to-be business processes, and technical designs to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non-technical solutions. The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
• Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
• Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
• Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
• Documenting and analyzing agency business processes and recommending improvements.
• Documenting and analyzing data requirements and relationships.
• Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control, tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
• Providing requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
• Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
• Interacting with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies, State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
• May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
• Research business rules, requirements, and models.
• Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
• Other project-related duties.