Job ID: MD-001B3400682 (915090205)2P
Govt e-commerce PM (PMP/PMI-ACP/CSM/CSPO/SAFe) with e-procurement and procurement process experience
Location: Annapolis and/or Crownsville, MD (State Governor’s Office)
Duration: 5 years
Documents: signed skill matrix (attached)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline
Generalized Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
Specialized Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree; or current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and at least one of the following: 1) current PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI- ACP), current Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Developer (CSD), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) or equivalent certification. Other certifications include Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Disciplined Agile Delivery (DaD), and Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS).
Preferred Generalized Experience:
1) Project management experience and experience supervising technical staff.
2) Demonstrated success managing multi- million dollar IT solution implementation projects.
3) Good working knowledge required of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and/or State IT project management guidelines and procedures.
4) At least three of experience supervising a highly skilled information technology team.
5) Experience managing a team of highly skilled IT professionals in an applications environment.
6) Demonstrated strong project management skills, including project and resource planning, activity sequencing, risk assessments, communication planning, and status reporting.
7) Experience leading projects of moderate complexity similar to the eMM project.
8) Experience in developing, maintaining, and implementing complex business applications that use relational database management systems.
9) Excellent written and oral communication skills at all organizational levels.
10) Well organized and the ability to organize others to accomplish goals within prescribed timeframes.
11) Strong interpersonal skills.
12) Demonstrated ability to build relationships between business units to support a singular mission.
Preferred Specialized Experience:
1) Experience, within the past five years, implementing an e-commerce or e- procurement solution for a public entity.
2) Experience, within the past five years, implementing an e-commerce or e- procurement solution for a private entity.
3) Knowledge in the electronic procure-to-pay or source-to-pay industry.
4) An understanding of the functionality of the eMaryland Marketplace currently used by the State of Maryland and the role it plays in Maryland’s procurement processes.
5) Knowledge of public procurement processes.
6) Knowledge of financial and purchasing systems.
7) Experience with the entire systems development life cycle including programming, systems analysis and design, business process analysis, implementation and support.
Duties / Responsibilities
1. Assist the Maryland State Governor’s Office and Government Agencies to coordinate the completion of the MDTHINK Program.
2. Work with state executive leadership, enterprise executives, and all stakeholders to ensure success of the MDTHINK program. In general, the Project Manager will organize, and coordinate all MDTHINK-related program and project activities in accordance with the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the MDTHINK Steering Committee. The role will also assist to develop new programs to support strategic direction of the MDTHINK Steering Committee and State leadership. This may involve creating goals that may be both short-term as well as long-term. To this end, the Program Manager will assist to develop the budget and all operating plans for the MDTHINK program.
3. The major objectives of the Project Manager shall be to:
• Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to leadership and organizational objectives
• Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
• Maintain program standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
• Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
• Carry out the program budget and funding channels to maximize productivity
4. Together with specific direction and guidance provided by the State Governor’s Office and designated leadership, the Project Manager will perform work across the following activity areas:
• Coordinate program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
• Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
• Assist in the development of a budget for the overall program and projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
• Work with other state and agency government and business leaders and program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the state
• Analyze, evaluate and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders