Job ID: NC-640054 (96191120)
Financial Analyst/BA/PM with MS Project, legal/financial report analysis, process optimization and budget management experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDHHS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
Extensive Knowledge of Project Management principles and best practices Highly desired 7 Years
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline driven environment Required 7 Years
Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe software Highly desired 7 Years
Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis BA principles and best practices Required 7 Years
Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels Required 7 Years
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents. Required 7 Years
Strong organizational, problem solving, and planning skills with the ability to set priorities Required 7 Years
Superior quantitative, analytical, and data presentation skills Required 7 Years
Previous experience in Planning, Allocation, Monitoring, Controlling cost in coordination within a large complex portfolio Required 7 Years
Previous experience with process optimization and efficiency enhancements Required 7 Years
Extensive Knowledge of Budget Management principles and best practices Required 7 Years
The IT Project Financial Analyst (PFA) will be responsible bringing together project planning, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, internal control, auditing, procurement, disbursement and the physical performance of MES projects with the aim of providing the data analysis required to manage project resources properly and achieve the objectives of the entire portfolio. The PFA is accountable for ensuring IT Project Managers are controlling the financial activities and utilization of funds in a consistent manner. Expertise in gathering, analyzing, and documenting financial information and business processes is required. This role plays a vital role in conducting analysis of the project environments to identify and estimate financial needs. The PFA leads the finance management and cost allocation plan for the portfolio. The PFA directly tracks the status of project budget and financial resources to ensure they are on-course and on-schedule in meeting project objectives and performance targets. Knowledge and expertise of IT Project Management processes and business analysis is key to the success of this role. This role requires an excellent balance of financial expertise, project management expertise, organization skills, as well as the ability to set schedules and drive team member performance. The following are additional duties relevant to this role:
• Collaborate with Program Managers and meet consistently with IT Project Managers to assess financial status of all projects within the portfolio
• Lead Financial forecasting and financial budgeting data gathering and documenting the IT Project Financial plan
• Perform pre-contract support, including vendor pre-qualification (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ)
• Directly interface with Change Management and Vendor Management teams to ensure project changes are accounted for in the budget process
• Monitor and adding new subcontractors, consultants, and vendors within the program.
• Track and report on the status of agreements to ensure that subcontracts and vendor agreements are executed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Monthly review and oversight to ensure all expenses align with project implementation and cost schedules.
• Development and management of the tracking system and use of charge codes to monitor the expiration of funds from state and federal agencies
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for finance and budget activities, reconciliation monthly and year end closing
• Build out analytics and reporting capabilities (Project Scorecards)
• Develop goals and metrics for measuring and managing project financial performance
• Evaluate vendor documents to determine acceptability based on business unit needs and Federal/State standards
• Participate in IT Project team preparation and involvement in regulatory examinations