Job ID: CA-200044.AS (912590402)
Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) with ArchiMate, security/infrastructure/data/application layers, budgeting, cost-benefit analysis and electric utility industry experience
Location: 6201 S Street Sacramento CA (SMUD)
Duration: 6 months (20-40 hrs/week)
Positions: 1 (1/n)
Remote: upto 100% currently (if required work onsite)
1. At least seven (7) years of related experience in the field of Enterprise Architecture
1. Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks and practices such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
2. In-depth knowledge of Architecture framework principles, procedures, and best practices
3. Knowledge of graphical modeling approaches, for analysis and design of target architectures
4. Knowledge relating to technology layers: applications, data, infrastructure, security
5. Experience with Financial and budgeting practices, and cost-benefit analysis
6. Knowledge of emerging technology trends, without vendor bias
7. Ability to facilitate and manage tasks in cross-organization teams and matrix teams
8. Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and visually, with different audiences clearly and concisely
9. Ability to analyze and translate business needs and strategies into architecture requirements
10. Ability to Comprehend new/disruptive technologies
11. Ability to facilitate and negotiate decisions between stakeholders
• Experience or familiarity with electric utility industry
• If needed, SMUD will provide a workstation for contractor(s) to use for the duration of the leased employee agreement.
• Contractor will be available for meetings and to gather documentation
• It is expected that the contractor’s rate will be all inclusive.
SMUD’s Enterprise Architecture program acts as an internal consultancy, shaping strategic architecture plans to achieve business goals. We are seeking an enterprise architect to collaborate with our extended team to support architecture development activity.
Responsibilities of the consultant may include but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with our matrixed architects to refine and capture architecture information in our model repository (based on Archi and ArchiMate).
• Facilitate architecture development topics, per identified goals. This involves facilitating between matrixed architects and subject matter experts to define and capture: vision (goals, stakeholders, scope), target architecture (baseline and gaps), and transition plan.
Given the current environment, remote work will be possible under this agreement.