Job ID: NC-632495 (93990716)
Desktop Support Technician with Windows/Office, mobile, AV, incident management, vendor repairs experience and Microsoft/A+/ITIL certification
Location: Raleigh NC (COR)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
IT Service Management Required 2 Years
End-user computing technologies Required 2 Years
Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented Required 2 Years
IT Technical support experience Required 2 Years
Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications Required 2 Years
Active Directory management experience Required 2 Years
****Candidates will be working onsite full time for the full duration of this engagement.
The Enterprise IT Support Specialist position provides remote and desk-side support for end-user computing devices, peripherals, applications, mobile devices, telephones, and audio-visual equipment throughout the City of Raleigh. This position supports the deployment, relocation, and upgrade of end-user hardware, and provide timely and effective issue resolution and request fulfillment. The Enterprise IT Support Technician is a direct report to the Enterprise IT Operations Manager for the City of Raleigh Information Technology Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to and resolves incidents and requests for assistance with end-user systems while providing a superior customer support experience
• Performs hardware installations, repairs, maintenance, software installations and upgrades
• Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of end-user equipment and software
• Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support
• Takes responsibility for follow-up services or problem escalation
• Coordinates vendor repair services for onsite and offsite work
• Diagnoses errors or technical problems, and determines and implements proper solutions
• Provides end-user training as required
• Effectively works with customers, service desk and technical services personnel
• Builds positive relationships with customers
This position does not require any supervisory or management responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree in information technology or directly related field and two years of related technology support experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record required.
Microsoft, A+, ITIL
• Demonstrates a customer orientation
• Manages and prioritizes workload
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications
• Technical support experience with Apple products a plus
• Creative problem-solving ability
• ITIL Framework
• IT Service Management (ServiceNow experience a plus)
• End-user computing technologies
• Active Directory management
• Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented
• Innovative and results orientated
• Effectively communicates orally and verbally
• Works well and collaborates with others
• Ability to diagnose issues with complex systems and quickly provide guidance
• Vendor management
• Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
• Technology and customer support practices and procedures.
• Project management principles and practices.
• Business math concepts.
• Filing and record-keeping principles.
• Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
• Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
• Customer service principles.
• Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
• Modern office technology.
• Assessing and evaluating technology performance and quality.
• Responding to advanced technology support calls and issues.
• Performing basic original research, compiling and assembling data.
• Organizing tasks, meeting deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
• Providing direction to others in order to meet standards.
• Providing attention to detail in assignments.
• Proofreading and error correction.
• Business math computations.
• Organizing and maintaining records and files.
• Maintaining and updating data and documentation.
• Comprehending reference books and manuals.
• Operating assigned tools and equipment.
• Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
• Providing customer service.
• Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
• Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work is performed in both the field and in an indoor office environment with frequent exposure to hazardous physical conditions (such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibration, etc.); frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions (such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.); moderate exposure to hazardous materials (such as chemicals, blood and other body fluids); frequent exposure to environmental conditions (such as disruptive people, imminent danger, or a threatening environment); frequent exposure to extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and movement restrictions; and moderate exposure intense noise or travel.
This job classification description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.