Job ID: NC-601614 (93990819)
Desktop Support Technician with Windows/Office, mobile, AV, incident management, vendor repairs experience and Microsoft/A+/ITIL certification
Location: Raleigh, NC(CoR-IT)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: In-person only.
IT Service Management Required 2
End-user computing technologies Required 2
Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented Required 2
IT Technical support experience Required 2
Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications Required 2
Active Directory management experience Required 2
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to and resolves incidents and requests for assistance with end-user systems while providing a superior customer support experience
• Performs hardware installations, repairs, maintenance, software installations and upgrades
• Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of end-user equipment and software
• Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support
• Takes responsibility for follow-up services or problem escalation
• Coordinates vendor repair services for onsite and offsite work
• Diagnoses errors or technical problems, and determines and implements proper solutions
• Provides end-user training as required
• Effectively works with customers, service desk and technical services personnel
• Builds positive relationships with customers
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree in information technology or directly related field and two years of related technology support experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record required.
Microsoft, A+, ITIL
• Demonstrates a customer orientation
• Manages and prioritizes workload
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications
• Technical support experience with Apple products a plus
• Creative problem-solving ability
• ITIL Framework
• IT Service Management (ServiceNow experience a plus)
• End-user computing technologies
• Active Directory management
• Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented
• Innovative and results orientated
• Effectively communicates orally and verbally
• Works well and collaborates with others
• Ability to diagnose issues with complex systems and quickly provide guidance
• Vendor management
• Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
• Technology and customer support practices and procedures.
• Project management principles and practices.
• Business math concepts.
• Filing and record-keeping principles.
• Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
• Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
• Customer service principles.
• Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
• Modern office technology.
• Assessing and evaluating technology performance and quality.
• Responding to advanced technology support calls and issues.
• Performing basic original research, compiling and assembling data.
• Organizing tasks, meeting deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
• Providing direction to others in order to meet standards.
• Providing attention to detail in assignments.
• Proofreading and error correction.
• Business math computations.
• Organizing and maintaining records and files.
• Maintaining and updating data and documentation.
• Comprehending reference books and manuals.
• Operating assigned tools and equipment.
• Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
• Providing customer service.
• Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
• Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.