Job ID: PA-636758 (93591121)
Desktop Support/Network Technician with LAN/WAN, PC/printer installation/troubleshooting, Remedy/ticketing, cabling, Cisco VPN/router, Active Directory, Hyena and electrical plan interpretation experience
Location: Venango County, PA (PennDOT) (locals only )
Duration: 2 months
Interview: In person
Valid Driver’s License. Required
Ability, flexibility travel areas outside designated region to other districts to attend trainings, meetings or assist other districts when required. Required
Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware/software in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment. Required 4 Years
Experience installing and supporting laptops/docking stations. Required 4 Years
Experience installing and supporting multifunction print devices. Required 4 Years
Experience with Remedy or similar ticketing system. Required 2 Years
Experience with premise cabling (installing Cat5e/6 cable and terminations). Required 2 Years
Possess the following core competencies: continuous attention to detail, high performance in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, disciplined Required
to follow established SOPs, and effective communication skills, both written and spoken, in the English language. Required
Experience with Cisco VPN router installation and support. Desired
Experience with Active Directory. Desired
Experience with Hyena System Management Software. Desired
Experience in project management. Desired
Experience leading team deployments. Desired
Experience reading and interpreting architectural and electrical plan sets used for remodeling facilities and/or building new facilities. Desired
PennDOT requires the services of a Workstation Specialist with advanced PC installation, support and troubleshooting experience to work with existing PennDOT IT team members to support users located at various offices.
PennDOT requires the services of a Workstation Specialist with advanced PC installation, support and troubleshooting experience to work with existing PennDOT IT team members to support users located at various offices, construction field site offices, county stockpiles, and other remote offices throughout their geographic five-county region within the Commonwealth. The Workstation Specialist will be responsible for assisting IT staff by providing Tier 2 support for hardware and software and installation and troubleshooting services throughout District 1. Candidate must possess the ability to install and configure PC hardware, peripherals, and software in both a network (primarily) and stand-alone environments. The ability to use diagnostic software is required. The ability to read, understand and follow technical manuals, schematics, and documented processes in the English language is required. The ability to assemble and support a microcomputer system and multifunction printers, as well as install Cat5e and/or Cat6 cable runs and perform cable terminations is required. Specific knowledge required in LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Remedy, MS Windows, RDP, and SCCM. The resource may also be required to document and follow technical processes. Strong communications, customer service skills, leadership, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment are also required.
Although the primary focus of this position is to support field site offices, the Workstation Specialist will also be required to support all other areas of PennDOT including all units throughout the District Office, County Offices and Stockpiles, Traffic Management Center, Driver License Centers, Welcome Centers, and Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and PA Emergency Management Association (PEMA) remote sites, should the need arise.
Specific duties for the position include:
1. Installs computer system hardware, software, and related peripherals in accordance with departmental procedures and technical manuals.
A. Installs and configures PC hardware and peripherals to meet user requirements.
B. Installs and troubleshoots Cisco VPN routers.
C. Connects/disconnects PCs and printers to the network or local device.
D. Assigns workstation names for PCs being added to the network using Active Directory.
E. Installs related software (Windows, applications, network drivers) needed for proper functioning of the complete system and all interconnected devices.
F. Installs and configures CISCO AnyConnect VPN software.
G. Upgrades or repairs existing PC equipment by replacing or adding memory, hard drives, and I/O cards as required.
H. Installs and tests images.
I. Plan, schedule, and track hardware deployments.
J. Install and troubleshoot Cat5e/6 network cabling, terminations, and patching.
K. Train end users on use of newly deployed equipment and/or software.
2. Provides direct support for workstation requests and issues.
A. Responds to workstation related trouble calls both on-site and remotely.
B. Provide PC related support to end users via in person, telephone and e-mail.
C. Process requests for enterprise user accounts.
D. Troubleshoots individual PC problems resulting from SCCM pushes.
E. Run SCCM reports and monitor workstations for compliance.
F. Creates and updates Remedy tickets.
3. Garage Diagnostics Software.
A. Ensures mobile devices and adapters are kept current with latest patches, drivers, firmware, and software updates as well as routinely monitoring devices to ensure they are being connected to the LAN and receiving updates.
B. Masters the troubleshooting procedures and support requirements for the garage diagnostic software and adapters.
4. Mobile iOS device support.
A. Configures and issues new iPhones and iPads.
B. Troubleshoots issues and provides training to users.
C. Monitors and updates devices in AirWatch Console.
5. Ensure complete and accurate equipment inventory.
A. Unpacks/packs computer equipment.
B. Receives, checks in, and inventories equipment and reports all inventory transfers.
C. Records inventory information and updates Remedy Asset Management System.
D. Runs reports from Remedy Asset Management System.
E. Coordinate equipment deliveries and pickups with PennDOT staff.
A. Support for telecommunication equipment and services, to include wiring, analog lines, VoIP sets, audio and video conference equipment, smartboards, web conferencing, and unified communications (i.e. Skype for Business).
7. Document technical processes and/or update existing documentation, if needed.
8. Identify and recommend opportunities for efficiency gains.
Required Skills and Experience
1. Required: Valid Driver’s License.
2. Required: Ability and flexibility to travel to areas outside of the designated region to other districts in PA to attend trainings, meetings, or assist other districts when required.
3. Required: 4+ years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware/software in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment.
4. Required: 4+ years experience installing and supporting laptops/docking stations.
5. Required: 4+ years experience installing and supporting multifunction print devices.
6. Required: 2+ years experience with Remedy or similar ticketing system.
7. Required: 2+ years experience with premise cabling (installing Cat5e/6 cable and terminations).
8. Required: Possess the following core competencies: continuous attention to detail, high performance in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, disciplined to follow established SOPs, and effective communication skills, both written and spoken, in the English language.
9. Desired: Experience with Cisco VPN router installation and support.
10. Desired: Experience with Active Directory.
11. Desired: Experience with Hyena System Management Software.
12. Desired: Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
13. Desired: Experience creating process documentation (strong writing skills).
14. Desired: Experience in project management.
15. Desired: Experience leading team deployments.
16. Desired: Experience reading and interpreting architectural and electrical plan sets used for remodeling facilities and/or building new facilities.