Request ID: BL-9020-1 (910091014)
Construction PM (PMP) with MS Project, government experience and Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 8 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Simultaneously manage multiple work efforts.
• Strong schedule management and resource planning skills.
• Ability to work at a high-volume and fast pace.
• Strong collaborator and strong ability to meet deadlines.
• Manage regulatory compliance projects.
• Ability to identify, map and re-engineer business processes.
• B.A. in Information Technology or related field.
• 10 years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Minimum eight years of experience in management of large projects.
• Project management professional.
• University degree in a related subject.
This PM will oversee projects with 10-15 resources (could be more or less depending on the project). He or she will not supervise any staff.
Scope of the project:
• Creating and maintaining detailed Microsoft project plans for enterprise level initiatives.
• Establish and provide timely and accurate updates for project activities within the Agency SharePoint Portfolio Tool.
• Supporting collaborative teams across Admin and state agencies.
• Overseeing Assigned projects within Admin to adopt a citizen/customer focused mindset.
• Partnering with State Agencies, as assigned, to assist with Project Management related tasks.
• Implement continual Project Management improvement and adhere to industry best practices.
• Measuring and reporting on the successes and business value of completed projects as directed by the department’s Strategic Plan.
• Assist program administrators with establishing a repeatable and adaptable process to manage, oversee and report on applicable projects.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
This implementation assistance would include, but is not limited to:
• Manages critical/priority construction/facility infrastructure permanent improvement projects.
• Working knowledge of the SC Consolidated Procurement Code.
• Experience with, and knowledge of, SC Office of State Engineer and SC Executive Budget Office project requirements, processes and forms (manual for planning and execution of state permanent improvements).
• Extensive knowledge of adopted building and related codes and laws.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices related to construction project management, including but not limited to, building construction/facility infrastructure project budget development and maintenance, scheduling and coordination, contracts, A/E contracts, construction administration and construction observation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all stakeholders.
• Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Project.
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
• Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Responsible for creating project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Monitor and Support deadlines, budgets and activities.
• Apply change, risk and resource management.
• Document all meetings attended, directives and significant phone conversations.
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
Administrative business process improvement Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms MS SharePoint Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Documentation/Language Business writing experience, including the development of proposals in a professional services environment Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field No 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous Budget Analysis/Tracking Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Project Planning Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Packaged Applications MS Project Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Program Management Change Management Yes 1
Program Management Experience working with risk management Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Program Management Project Management Professional (PMP) certification No 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%