Job ID: NC-647090 (99090310)
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 10 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
Positions: 1 (1/2)
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
Proven experience in corporate and/or government program analysis of complex legacy applications Required 10 Years
Proven experience in design, documentation, and exposure of CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS) Required 7 Years
Microsoft Suite experience (e.g.Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL,ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM Required 10 Years
Working experience with IMAGE Plus. FAF (Folder application Facility) Required 2 Years
Working experience with metadata and content migration from mainframe to distributed platforms Required 2 Years
Experience in working with OAM group tables, OAM admin tables and FAF application tables Required 2 Years
Excellent communication skills, Written, verbal and presentation Required 5 Years
Understanding of mainframe storage methodologies like Disk, Virtual tape systems Highly desired 2 Years
***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Technical expertise centered around a technology, technologies, or a portfolio of applications
2. Specialization in application, technical, domain, or solution architecture, including design and implementation of solutions
3. Successful development and maintenance of formal strategies, sourcing guidance, technical standards, blueprints, reference architectures, architecture patterns and technology roadmaps for a given architecture domain
4. Successful completion of technology projects within area of responsibility
5. Definition and management of team structure and resource levels to support business needs of functional area
6. Analyzing and estimating feasibility and compatibility of solutions with existing EA including hardware, network and other programs. Guide decision makers toward the final solution architecture which is most compliant with EA.
7. Conducting industry and market research of technologies and general themes in assigned architecture areas.
8. Engaging agency subject matter experts, business liaisons, and OITS representatives as to ensure proper alignment between business and IT
9. Solid proven experience in integrating Mainframe applications with distributed applications using web services, RESTful services, FTP, SFTP …etc.
10. Demonstrated experience in working technologies COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
11. Good experience in analyzing existing Image Plus and FAF(Folder application Facility) application metadata and content which includes analyzing OAM Group tables, OAM admin tables and FAF application tables.
12. Proven experience in migrating metadata and content (binary data) from OAM and FAF tables to distributed platforms.
13. Good technical experience in FAF and OAM databases and storage methodologies.
14. Good understanding of storage solutions using Disk and Virtual Tape systems on Mainframe