Job ID: MNSITE-1518 (99990603)2P
Business Analyst (IIBA) with QA, PM, agile and Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice experience
Location: St Paul, MN (DPS BCA MNJIS)
Duration: 24 months
Positions: 2 (2/1)
Interview: In-person or Phone
• Five (5) years’ experience in a IT Business Analyst role in analyzing/defining and documenting requirements for IT projects;
• Five (5) years’ experience leading the design and implementation for IT projects;
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in an IT Business Analyst role
• Proven ability to collaborate, work effectively as part of a team and establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of business customers and technology staff.
• Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and coaching skills for IT professionals.
• Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience performing, and advanced knowledge of, Quality Assurance and Project Management activities.
• Experience working on an agile project/team.
• Experience working with Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice Systems.
• Business Analyst Certification (IIBA certification or equivalent)
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
• Identify the current- and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
• Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents and work products derived from those documents to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
Description of Project
The current Predatory Offender Registration (POR), established in 1991, has been modified regularly. BCA maintains the registry of offenders. Statute specifies the registration requirements and processes for maintaining and validating the registry information reported to the BCA. The POR effort will include the rebuilding of the current database. In addition, the electronic submission of all reporting forms for POR registrant changes will be completed. The internal record management system will be updated and the interface used by law enforcement and corrections will be replaced. The Criminal History System (CHS) was created in March, 2019, and has a product backlog for enhancements and continued improvements for supportability.
The BCA seeks Business Analysts to provide professional business analysis services to support MNJIS technical initiatives. This work includes replacement of the Predatory Offender Repository (POR), on-going enhancements to the Criminal History System (CHS) and other upcoming initiatives that may develop requiring the work of a BA.
All work must be completed onsite at: 1430 Maryland Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55106