Job ID: PA-635833 (95790910)
Automation Tester/SDET with Selenium, RFT/RPT, MS Studio, JMeter, performance testing and Eclipse/Visual Studio experience
Location: Harrisburg PA (PennDOT) ***Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area.***
Duration: 3-12 months (***The existing PO for this req goes through 12/31/20. PennDOT will extend this PO later in the calendar year.***)
Positions: 1 (1/3)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Four year degree in computer science, information systems or closely related field. Required 4 Years
Exp. w/industrial grade testing tools from recognized vendor (ie HP, IBM, Microsoft, Selenium or Apache) to build & run quality &/or performance tests Required 2 Years
Basic programming knowledge in a common language. Customize test scripts w/variable data & adjust test execution to properly reflect test requirements Required 2 Years
Knowledge of a common integrated development environment (IDE) such as Eclipse or MS Visual Studio. Highly desired 2 Years
Experience with Microsoft Windows. Highly desired 4 Years
Microsoft Office Suite Required
The Test Automation Specialist position will encompass the following activities:
• Analyze testing requirements from business areas and develop automated tests to meet those requirements.
• Act as an SME for automated testing using available tools such as Rational Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester, Microsoft Studio, JMeter, and Selenium.
Assist in conducting regression testing, functional testing, system integration testing, sanity testing and user acceptance testing.
• Support developers building automated quality tests with training and mentoring.
• Research test tools in the marketplace for features and pricing that offers increased value to PennDOT
• Document and present the proper implementation of tools used within PennDOT
• Record edit and run tests for both quality and performance on systems within PennDOT.
• Schedule and run tests at various times or with a variety of input data through automation to meet project requirements.
• Report and interpret test results for development teams to assist in isolating defects and vulnerabilities.
• Maintain and update versions of existing tools. Rollout new versions to user community.
• The ability to communicate and work independently or within a team to meet team goals. Good customer service skills are required.