Request ID: PA-646338 (94390303)
Automation Test Lead (ITIL) with web/mom testing, PKI, SOA, Java/.net, c++ and government experience
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Duration: 3 Months
Required Skills/Experience :
Software testing experience Required 4 Years
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related business field, or equivalent experience. Required 4 Years
Design, development, implementation and support of complex business applications software. Required 3 Years
Experience in formal web and/or messaging oriented middleware testing. Required 2 Years
Experience in automated/load testing tools. Required 3 Years
ITIL Foundation Certified Required 2 Years
Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and ability to translate project requirements into possible error conditions/testing scenarios. Desired
In-depth technical knowledge and proficiency in: XML, PKI, Private Key Infrastructure, Systems Development Lifecycle, Service Oriented Architecture, Desired
Excellent organizational skills. Desired
Proven ability to interact at all levels of the organization. Desired
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Desired.
Work Location: Temporarily Remote/Actual Location with the Public Safety Delivery Center – Department of Corrections, 1920 Technology Parkway, Mechanicsburg, PA – Work Hours 8:15 to 4:15 pm
Tester 3 (TEST3) – 4 plus years relevant experience.
The Tester is a member of a team which plans, constructs, and executes product tests, system tests, unit tests, load tests, volume tests, network tests as well as works with others for release control processes. The more experienced Tester manages, plans, constructs, and executes tests and integrates with release control process. The applications testing specialist ensures the highest possible quality in software releases into production by managing testing functions and the test environment. This work will be accomplished by working with the QA Lead, and by assisting in the definition and development of processes to improve the software development and release process.
The applications testing team lead will work with the Business Relationship Manager and the Solutions Manager and their teams to coordinate cross development groups and activities of the JNET and PCCD applications and services. JNET/PCCD’s testing methodologies and experience will be utilized within this role to establish standards based on industry best practices. Specific Products In addition to the general products for all team members, this position also required to have additional knowledge of the following software products:
Team Foundation Server
Microsoft Test Manager
Soap UI- Ready API
Load UI/Load testing skills
Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
SAP – Business Objects Web Intelligence
SAP – Business Objects Crystal Reports
SAP – Business Objects Dashboard
• Provide technical and project leadership for all testing and quality assurance tasks.
• Maintain testing schedule and testing environment inventory.
• Coordinate functional, integration, regression, load/performance, and user acceptance testing within the JNET Test environment for all software and hardware to be released into production.
Manage testers’ responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance Lead to coordinate the testing of various configurations with the JNET environments to ensure the integrity of JNET as it expands its scope and breadth.
• Construct and maintain all test cases, test data scripts, and test diagrams.
• Monitor project progress as it relates to testing by participating as a member of Applications team.
• Work with project management office and project leads to ensure that project requirements are stated and testable.
• Develop and deploy quality assurance standards and processes in support of application development.
• Develop and implement JNET testing standards and processes.
• Perform tests on software according to test plans.
• Perform automated load and performance tests, when applicable, according to test plans.
• Develop automated test scripts, when applicable, including coding of complex scripts.
• Assist in coordinating user acceptance tests and in keeping test environments active for these tests.
• Prepare reports on test results.
• Ensure completion of all assigned tasks on or before the assigned tasks due dates.
• Provide honest, thoughtful, timely, and reasonable work and time estimates.
• Provide honest, regular, accurate, and timely statuses for all assigned tasks and work.
• Identify all tasks you cannot complete or meet assigned dates and clearly communicate them to the Project Manager(s) and your QA Lead. Clearly, effectively and frequently communicate with the Project Manager(s) and your Functional Manager for all assign work tasks.
• Meet all of your Functional Manager or Lead’s expectations regarding the quantity and quality of your work.
• Work cooperatively with all JNET teams and team members
Actively participate in all assigned project and team meetings. If you cannot attend a Team Meeting, inform your Project Manager(s) and QA Lead in advance.
• Arrive at meetings on or before the scheduled start time.
• Be prepared for all assigned agenda items in meetings.
• Read materials provided in advance of meetings and be prepared to provide input, ask questions, and make recommendations.
• Develop, modify and complete all reporting and timesheets in a timely manner.
• Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
• Develop, update and maintain a desk manual to facilitate detailed transition of work.
• Provide knowledge transfer to designated Commonwealth staff or other contracted staff.
• Provide mentoring and training to other staff as assigned.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Reviews and understands the Test Team work plan.
• Assists in managing and directing Test Team processes.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Test and/or Application Teams.
• Develops contingency plans as necessary.
• Researches problems before approaching the Team Lead or Test Team Lead for assistance.
• Assists or guides Testers as needed.
• Develops understanding of system business requirements supported by the Test team
• Assists Application Teams to plan and execute component and assembly tests.
• Participates in assembly or product test execution as required.
• Defines product test plans and criteria for acceptance.
• Develops, updates, and maintains testing standards and procedures.
• Resolves testing process questions / issues.
• Assists in the planning, creation, and control of the test environments.
• Conducts inspections; resolve issues.
• Coordinates and executes assembly or product tests with the Test Team, Application Team and the Program Manager.
• Assists Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete
• (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
• Works with Test Team members to enhance their testing skills and build technical and Updates and tests release installation procedures.
• Generally aware of new developments in industry and processes and ability to apply to work as appropriate.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for work efforts.
• Defines and utilizes entry / exit criteria for testing.
• Schedules the design of structured walk-throughs or inspections; resolve issues.
• Works with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Anticipates and resolves issues specific to the team.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Identifies and tracks issues, risks, and action items.
• Creates test models for product test and release control (plans, data, and scripts).
• Conducts structured walk-throughs
• Executes assembly or product tests.
• Meets time estimates for assigned tasks.
• Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
• Follow quality standards.
• Able to work in a team environment
• Completes assigned tasks.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken