Job ID: MI-595896 (96190606)
Location: Lansing MI (Michigan Department of Education (MDE))
Duration: 6 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience as ASP.NET (through 4.6) application developer. Required 2 Years
Microsoft ASP.NET with C# development skills Required 2 Years
Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL) and stored procedures Required 2 Years
API / WCF Web services Highly desired 1 Years
HTML 5 / CSS 3 Required 1 Years
Experience in .NET core Highly desired 1 Years
Experience in MVC and Entity Framework Highly desired 1 Years
Ideal candidate will have tested experience in:
– Analysis, design, programming, testing, implementing and supporting web-based applications, in the Microsoft/Windows platform.
– Background in development of service-oriented systems.
– Experience in Agile Software Development.
One person was just hired on this team. This new position will fill one of the two positions below:
Position 1: MDE Office of Financial Management
This position will be part of an agile team that supports the financial portfolio of applications. The person in this role will be supporting maintenance projects developed in ASP.NET and C#. The team is also working on a modernization project using .NET core. This project team is 4 developers.
Position 2: MDE Educator Student and School Support Services
MDE has multiple data exchange partners they work with to share data. This person will be working with multiple development teams to support the exchange of data between internal and external entities. Knowledge of web APIs and data standards are necessary skill sets for this position.
Ideal candidates would be interested in transitioning into a full time State of Michigan position.
• This is a 6 month contract, with the preference to transition to a full time State of Michigan.
Possession of a degree in computer information systems, systems analysis, or computer programming.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Associate degree and combination of education and experience that can be shown to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.