Job ID: TX-52918034 (916790904)
Informatica Data Architect with MDM, Data Governance, metadata management, Reference Data, Data Quality, DW, Performance Management and healthcare/insurance experience
Location: Austin TX (DHHS)
Duration: 12 months
15 Required Excellent understanding of Data Architecture principles, capabilities, and best practices with the proven ability to define, document and apply standards and best practices
15 Required Experience with business processes, data management, data flows, data relationships, data quality standards and processes, and proficiency with data analytical and quality tools
10 Required Extensive experience and domain knowledge in the areas of defining and designing Master Data Management and Data Governance architecture frameworks and capabilities
8 Required Experience with Informatica data management and architecture tools, particularly those relevant to data quality, master data, and management of enterprise metadata
8 Required Extensive architecture experience and knowledge in the areas of Reference Data, Data Quality, Metadata Management
5 Required Experience leading and evolving corporate culture to a data driven organization
5 Required Experience performing oversight of data quality and master data tool implementation
5 Required Experience designing/implementing data acquisitions for Master Data Management, Data Warehouse or other Performance Management system.
3 Required Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels
3 Required Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups and manage multiple responsibilities
3 Required Strong technical writing skills
4 Preferred Experience with Healthcare or Insurance business domain
The Data Architect position is an Information Technology (IT) position and will be a part of the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team working in collaboration with the Center for Analytics and Decision Support (CADS) program within the Health and Human Services System’s business domain. This Data Architect position will provide support and expertise to the Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO) to establish the Center for Analytics and Decision Support and Enterprise Information Management objective.
The Data Architect position:
· Develops best practices and methodologies to mature Enterprise Information Management (EIM) best practices and capabilities.
· Develops enterprise data policy and standards that support the development of an enterprise data governance framework.
· Participates in the Texas Enterprise Information Management group at DIR.
· Collaborates with the Office of the Chief Data Architect on initiatives related to performance analytics and data governance.
· Represents and/or supports the CDAO developing touch points between Information Technology and CADS to enforce EIM defined best practices, governance, and data policies.
· Serves as Data Architecture and EIM expert for the HHS system.
· Develops process for alignment of data architecture frameworks to support the EIM goals and principles.
· Develops a detailed knowledge of the underlying HHS data assets and data products and provides subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data.
· Assists in development and implementation of data quality processes and metrics within the EDG data quality program, particularly data quality improvement processes related to HHS mastered data.
· Assists in exposing and defining interrelationships between core elements of the HHS master data repository and its data products.
· Responsible for consulting with the business owners of data assets, providers of enterprise analytics, and Information Technology leadership to develop enterprise analytics strategy for future funding, design, and implementation
· Provides expertise in data harmonization, master data development and governance, data quality, and metadata management
· Provides guidelines on creating data models and various standards relating to governed data.
· Reviews changes to technical and business metadata, realizing their impacts on enterprise applications, and ensures the impacts are communicated to appropriate parties.
· Establishes measures to chart progress related to the completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data; and to improve data quality.
· Assists in selecting data management tools and developing the standards, usage guidelines, and procedures for using those tools.
· Assists in identifying appropriate data sourcing and extraction processes, and in identifying and nominating sources as systems of record for data usage in various applications.
· Assists in performing root cause analyses related to information issues and non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems.
· Building business cases to support MDM efforts and adoption.
· Providing subject-matter-expertise in the assessment of solution proposals and concepts related to Master Data Management; Data Quality; Data Datalogging; and Metadata management and publication.