Request ID: BL-9768-1 (911090311)
Remote Security Analyst with O365/Visio, performance reporting and ticketing experience
Location: Columbia SC (remote)
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization, and operations
2. Ability to learn new systems and become an expert
3. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
4. Excellent Customer Service skill and provide system support
5. O365 PRODUCTS AND APPLICATIONS (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK, TEAMS, SHAREPOINT)
6. System Analysis, monitoring, and reporting on system performance and data quality
7. Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
8. Ticketing System
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
2. MICROSOFT VISO
3. MS OFFICE 365
4. TICKETING SOFTWARE
5. EXPERIENCE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARD INFORMATION SECURITY PRACTICES
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
IT Administration Ticketingsystems Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous An aptitude for learning new skills and applying knowledge to solve complex problems Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Customer service skills Yes 3 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities Yes 7 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION AND OPERATIONS Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous MS Visio Yes 1 Intermediate Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Network Security information security principles and practices Yes 1 Intermediate Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications Microsoft Office Suite Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Specialties Experience in system analysis and information technology Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Remote Work Availability: 100%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the volume of new systems being implemented to support the agency’s response to COVID19, additional staff is needed to support these effort and new systems being implemented. The team will ensure systems are set up and supported following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting these new solutions and day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Emphases for the Systems Analyst candidate will be support of newly developed COVID-19 Vaccination Scheduling System to support COVID19 activities that include registration and scheduling, and other upcoming enhancements. The Systems Analyst will need to learn the system capabilities and become an expert in that system to provide support, analysis, testing, problem resolution, reporting, and monitoring of that system. The candidate will work in a team environment with other Information Technology staff and Program Area system Owners to support the system and users.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Study and learn system capabilities assigned
• Work with Information Technology staff to learn system technical functionality and IT Security Standards and practices.
• Work with Program Area System Owners to learn their business functions and needs
• Provide system user support
• Assist staff in resolving system-related problems
• Assist with System user account permissions and security
• Provide and assist with system user training when onboarding new staff as well as individual training
• Attend and provide program area support during scheduled COVID events as needed
• Create and maintain supporting system and training documentation.
• Maintain SharePoint content associated with system collaboration sites
• Document and create technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as well as system effectiveness
• Monitor and Identify system data quality issues and work to improve data accuracy
• Reviews and monitoring usage reports
• Assist with the system software life cycle process
• Coordinate and assist with system testing and production validation
• Work with Program Area and IT to present key information for improvements
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours. Schedules amongst the team will be coordinated to ensure coverage of operational hours of Monday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
The candidate will work closely with the Assigned Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.