Job ID: MS-122564 (913590926)
Remote/Local Power BI Developer with Analytics, M Query, DAX, Data Modelling, Security, SQL, Agile experience
Location: Jackson, MS (MDEK12)
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Experience in Business Analytics tools developing Reporting and Dashboards 5
Experience in Reporting and Analytics using Power BI – M Query, DAX, Data Modelling, Row Level Security 3
Experience in database technologies and strong SQL query writing skills, preferrable SQL Server 5
Analytical thinking for converting data into relevant reports and graphics No min.
Understanding of how to implement solutions with multiple data sources No min.
Experience working with Agile methodology and self-starter who can quickly acclimate to a dynamic environment No min.
REQUIRED DEGREE Bachelor’s degree
PROJECT DETAILS The Mississippi Department of Education is looking for a Power BI Developer who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements to business users in smart and effective ways, improving their everyday tasks. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their skills and want to learn more about wider IT architecture.
The successful candidate must be able to write and modify code to build applications and sites based on requirements and should be able to assess the needs of the customer and recommend solutions. The candidate will thoroughly test all functionality of the solution before delivering to the customer and must have attention to detail. They will provide ongoing support and will work to fix issues as they arise. The candidate will be responsible for building, analyzing, enhancing, and supporting education focused reporting and analytics. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills to be able to document internal processes, build user documentation, and demonstrate how the solution is designed and how it functions.
JOB DESCRIPTION This position will require qualified Power BI Developers to take the lead in the following tasks:
• Engage in prototyping, designing, developing, publishing Power BI Reports
• Develop Power BI Data models and recommend best practices for report creation and visualizations
• Implement security in reports and dashboards
• Integrate Dashboards into applications using Power BI Embedded.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts to gather business requirements for Analytics and Reporting
• Provide guidance to BI developers in the team
• Troubleshoot reporting issues and tune report performance
• Build and modify tables, views and optimize SQL queries, indexes as needed
• Responsible for implementing security on developed Dashboards in accordance with security and access requirements
• Ensure agile/scrum practices are followed during the development process
• Evaluate self-service reporting and dashboard tool
• Responsible for estimating work content and achieving planned timelines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Multi-task effectively between projects.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
• Must possess analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements.
Strong foundational knowledge of Microsoft 365 platform including Exchange, Intune, Azure AD, and Azure ecosystem
Demonstrate an understanding of security concepts including access control and data security.
Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst certification