Job ID: NC-724915 (97791127)
Remote/Local Desktop Support Engineer with Active Directory Admin, software/hardware troubleshooting, ServiceNow experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 6 Months
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
** Remote work for contractors is at the discretion of management and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
** DOT WILL NOT ship their equipment. Candidates will be required to use his/her own equipment until he/she is working onsite full time.
• Advanced level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in account management administering Active Directory. Required 3 Years
• Hands-on experience administering Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 in a multi-site and multi-domain organization. Required 3 Years
• Ability to integrate knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments and problems of moderate to high complexity. Required 3 Years
• Advanced knowledge of appropriate security measures of the organization. Required 3 Years
• Ability to proactively establish a positive relationship by demonstrating a sense of urgency in interactions with clients. Required 3 Years
• Ability to analyze and assess client needs to develop effective and appropriate solutions. Required 3 Years
• Knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments. Required 3 Years
• Ability to consult with clients and other IT professionals to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction. Required 3 Years
• Ability to document solutions that solve client problems and clearly presents these solutions. Required 3 Years
• Analysis of technical and user documentation for technical assistance and support. Required 3 Years
• Ability to work independently on tasks, develops own work, schedule and monitors progress against defined parameters. Required 3 Years
• Demonstrates a customer orientation and effectively communicates verbally and in writing. Required 3 Years
Provides excellent customer service to individual clients and to other team members. Required 3 Years
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills w/ ability to diagnose and resolve highly visible production incidents methodically. Required 3 Years
• Demonstrates initiative in solving problems associated with projects and daily work. Required 3 Years
• Demonstrates a range of technical understanding to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues on software and/or hardware. Required 3 Years
• Ability to identify trends and makes suggestions for technical modifications to solve future problems. Required 3 Years
• Demonstrates knowledge and a working experience with ServiceNow call tracking system. Required 3 Years
The NC DIT-Transportation is seeking a Technical Specialist resource for an engagement to work with the Service Desk/Accounts Team. This candidate serves as an advanced level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in service desk and account management. Uses technical expertise in the Service Delivery of an Information Technology Infrastructure and an understanding of business needs to evaluate assigned IT incident and problem service desk tickets to appropriately prioritize and evaluate business impact and demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for data protection in Operations and Security.
Serves as a technical resource on all of NCDOT’s standard desktop applications to 12,000+ computer users. Provides an understanding and knowledge of applications serving as a strong base for technical expertise in NCDOT products and programs. Ability to work independently to analyze customer’s needs and resolve technical problems; manage time to meet schedules; prioritize tasks according to customer needs; communicate highly technical information to non-technical users; troubleshoot hardware and software problems involving local area networks and personal computer systems; manage critical incidents, identify problems, make necessary corrections, and/or assist others with resolutions. Supports end user password resets. Instructs users via phone and/or email on the basic functionality of desktop applications. Follows detailed procedures while making recommendations for routine problem solutions. Takes calls from end users verifying their identity, demographics and communicating effectively to understand their request. Enters information into the ServiceNow call tracking system and monitors to ensure customer service needs are met for all computer and network related issues. Distributes Agency-wide email communications and notices related to technology issues.
Performs advanced level professional work in account administration and analyzes information to create and/or modify accounts for new employees and/or existing employees. Functions as a niche technical subject matter expert (SME) in Active Directory with a high technological skill level. Ability to troubleshoot data and application access issues and adjust Active Directory properties as needed. Ability to capture incidents and resolve incidents within ServiceNow and issues identified by the business with the ability to document resolutions providing weekly status reports to Management. Considerable knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding of critical information technology operations and security. Provides the knowledge and skills of DOT and ITS security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which employees are directly involved. They are responsible for implementing requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT policies and standards. This function requires an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of technologies to effectively support end-users and provide guidance to others.
This work requires very strong communication skills, an ability to effectively interact with a broad range of end-users and others, as well as an ability to use a variety of resources for providing support. Employees at this level typically provide advanced support for a broad range of technologies, or in-depth support for a more narrowly defined area of technology. Proven experience with a technical specialty across large and complex implementations and systems.
Project Management –
Ability to lead projects that require directing the work of others and with some latitude on actions or decisions. Leads team efforts and assesses and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals for project and organizational success. Provides status on project work to management.
Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for all responsible areas –
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation of process and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for. This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work. This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external). All documentation should be reviewed annually.
System Security –
It is the responsibility of all Technical Services Staff to be aware of DOT and ITS security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which this position is directly involved. This position is responsible for implementing requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT Security Policies and standards.