Job ID: NC-683240 (910790628)
Remote Azure DevOps Engineer/Architect with C# coding, Networking, Web Application Firewall, API, RESTful, dR, ServiceNow, Point-to-Site connectivity and Express Routes experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
**The candidate is eligible to work remotely. Once all staff returns on-site, candidate can choose to work remote or onsite.**
**If the contractor lives outside of North Carolina, they will be required to use their own equipment. DIT-T will allow the Contractor to access the Network remotely through remote PC or any other means determined by DIT-T.**
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and communication skills. Required 5 Years
A solid understanding of all aspects of the application development process as they pertain to Microsoft Azure and DevOps Required 5 Years
Ability to write clean, easy to understand C# code Required 5 Years
Deep, hands-on technical expertise on Azure and its features/offerings. Required 5 Years
Strong understanding of Azure Networking as related to PaaS applications, Point-to-Site connectivity, Express Routes Required 5 Years
The North Carolina Department of IT – Transportation (NCDIT-T) is seeking an Azure Enterprise Engineer and C# Developer with proven skills for a 12-month engagement for the support of several Department of Highways cloud initiatives. This position will be responsible for the development and design of new and existing PaaS applications and their involved infrastructure. This individual will work with existing staff to plan and design a cloud solution for several existing applications developed and supported by our internal development team. PaaS applications, Web Application Firewall, Function Management, Storage Management, & Azure DevOps will be some of the products that this position will be focused on. Responsibilities will also include developing business requirements, facilitating change management documentation, and coordinating azure upgrades with software release schedules, as well as C# application development as required. This individual will work closely with a development technical lead and discuss all aspects of the design and planning with the development team.
• Research application design for transformation and modernization of enterprise applications using Azure cloud and C# development technologies.
• Assist in developing C# .NET application solutions for the organization.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the Azure platform including Azure Functions Architecture, Web Application Firewall, API Management Services and RESTful Azure API management and development.
• Research and Recommend Azure PaaS Application and Networking Services to support growth into the cloud.
• Document Disaster Recovery technical procedures for Azure Applications
• Create Architectural diagrams and documentation for existing cloud hosted applications
• Research, document, and implement an integration process between Azure DevOps and ServiceNow
• Research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of business and operations