Job ID: TN-61798 (95091120)
Hybrid/Local Technical Writer with MS Office and court operations experience
Location: Nashville, TN (Courts)
Duration: 7 Months
The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is looking for a self-motivated professional with exceptional written and communication skills to join the organization as a Technical Writer. The Technical Writer should possess the skills necessary to develop written information about the organization’s computing systems that aid in their development, use, and support. Outputs will include a range of documents to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments. Under general supervision of the IT Manager of the Application Development and Business Intelligence Team, a successful candidate will be able to work with staff to produce user guides, manuals, technical specifications, training material, user policies, and proposals, etc.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
• Liaise with department heads and end users to define and identify business procedures
• Establish documentation needs for hardware and software.
• Analyze IT project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
• Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts.
• Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of documents, including user guides and manuals, technical specifications, training materials, user policies, and proposals
• Edit written documentation of development and other IT staff to create unified and consistent support documents.
• Establish, communicate, and maintain documentation standards, and provide training where required.
• Maintain currency and accuracy of all documentation.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and interviewing skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information.
• Ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education / Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Sciences and Technology, Business Analysis and Management, Business Analytics and Information Technology or other related degree and three years of professional level experience in technical writing, editing, and documenting information technology software systems. Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing as well as a strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques. Experience working with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience with court operations and business processes preferred.
Substitutions of Experience for Education: Professional level experience in business process analysis, computer systems implementation, or business information systems may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s Degree on a year for year basis.