Job ID: VA-723598 (98591123)
Hybrid/Local (Richmond) Power BI Developer SQL, data visualization, Agile, Crystal Reports, Business Objects/BO, Python/R, DAX, Power Query M experience
Location: Richmond, VA (VDOT)
Duration: 7 Months
**local Richmond, VA candidates required due to onsite requirement
*Candidate must also be able to work onsite one day/week
Overall IT experience in data analysis, data management, and report development Required 6 Years
Microsoft Power BI development Required 4 Years
Experience with SQL to query relational databases to perform data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping Required 3 Years
Tableau or other data visualization tools Required 2 Years
Experience working with Agile project methodology Required 2 Years
Experience with Crystal Reports Desired 1 Years
Experience with Business Objects Desired 1 Years
Experience in Python or R Desired 1 Years
Experience using DAX and or Power Query M for data manipulation Desired 1 Years
VDOT is seeking a Power BI Developer with strong business analysis and Power BI skills. The best candidate will have proven success producing solutions and results under required time lines. They also need to possess the energy to thrive in a fast-paced environment and the ability to effectively multitask.
The right candidate will have proven experience in working closely with business users, stakeholders, and project teams to understand the business drivers, needs, and pain points, translating these into technical specifications and design the most appropriate BI solutions.
• Experience and in-depth understanding of database concepts and how to marry them with analytical capabilities.
• Ability to work independently with management and business users gathering and delivering on requirements with high attention to detail, and focused on the timely completion of deliverables.
• Experience in creating visualizations and reports for requested projects.
• Design and develop dashboards, scorecards, charts, pivot tables, reports, and reporting systems according to the business requirements.
• Digest project requirements, devise BI solutions, and provide estimates for accomplishing the solution.
• Support business users with their own dashboard/report development, including troubleshooting existing reports, updating data sources, and publishing to on-prem and cloud report servers.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions with an understanding of performance factors such as indexes, execution plans and statistics.
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative in solution design.
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
• Developing and maintaining business information models.