Job ID: MI-124618 (99891121)
Hybrid/Local Java Developer with PL/SQL, SpringBoot, Hibernate/JPA, Angular/React, JBOSS, Azure DevOps, CMM/CMMI, agile, CI/CD experience
Location: Lansing, MI (DTMB)
Duration: 12 Months
• 12+ years architecting including designing, development of complex computer systems using Java technologies
• 12+ years reviewing technical design to ensure the enterprise design standards are maintained
• 10 + years developing complex computer systems using java IDEs such as Eclipse,STS
• 10+ years designing and review of logical and physical data model in SQL and/or PL/SQL.
• 8+ years in preparing and maintaining the technology roadmap for the supported applications
• 8+ years programming using Java JEE Spring/SpringBoot Framework 3.0.
• 8+ years of development using Hibernate/JPA framework.
• Over 5+ years in the JBOSS Enterprise SOA and Devops containers environment .
• Over 5+ years using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices.
• Over 5+ years implemented agile development processes including test driven development.
• Over 3+ years Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
• Develop business application components using Object Oriented java/JEE technologies and design principles .
• Provide technical leadership to the application development team
• Develop software design documents and work with stakeholders for review and approval.
• Design, Develop and maintain web applications and interfaces and RESTful web services
• Collaborate with stakeholder to ensure application architecture is in alignment with business requirement
• Excellent knowledge in designing both logical and physical database model in Oracle and SQL server
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience in writing technical specifications for complex projects.
• Experience preparing technology roadmap for supported applications
• Experience tuning SQL queries, scripts and troubleshoots issues using SQL, PL/SQL scripts
• Hands on experience Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
• Extensive knowledge on source control tools such as GIT
• Experience developing with application servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Openshift Container
• Experience developing, prototypes, mockup for users review and approval.
• Exposure to flowcharts, screen layouts and documentation to ensure logical flow of the system requirements
• Experience working on large agile projects.
• Experience with Java 8, SOAP, Restful Web-Services, Spring Boot Projects, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring Security frameworks.
• Good to have knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and ActiveMQ broker.
• Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
The application architect is responsible to provide technical leadership to the application development team, which includes
designing, developing and supporting complex Java applications for MDHHS Communicable disease and Vital records area within our
department. The resource will be involved in collaborating with business area to ensure the technical design of the application meet
the business requirements. Since changes are being made to modernize and enhance the stability and functionality of the MDSS
application, the resource is integral to ensure streamlining critical business processes, data integrity, SEM/SUITE compliance, and
securing the applications. The resource will also perform as application architect and provide technical guidance to the other
developers in the department. The architect will also participate in a variety of analytical assignments for the enhancement,
integration, maintenance, and implementation of projects and preparing technology roadmap for the supported applications. Not
having a resource on staff will limit MDHHS the technical oversight that is needed to review and ensure the technical design and code
development meet the state development standards which could lead to higher maintenance cost due to design issues, errors
causing data integrity and can eventually lead to incorrect information being processed and reported to federal and state agencies.