Job ID: VA-649964 (94190408)
Desktop Support Engineer with helpdesk, ticketing, printers/iPhone/PC troubleshooting, backup tape rotation, networking, Mitel phone operations experience
Location: Richmond, VA (DGS) (locals only)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam interview Only
IMPORTANT: This is an ON SITE position,
Prefer local Richmond based candidates only at this time.
Respond to and direct help desk tickets to other technicians for resolution Required 2 Years
installation and troubleshooting of PCs, printers, iPhones and software Required 2 Years
Daily inspections of server room and data closets Required 1 Years
Manage backup tape rotation and cases for offsite pickup Required 1 Years
Perform network jack activation for correct VLAN Required 2 Years
Basic customer training and support on Mitel phone operations. Prefer MiTel, but will accept experience with other phone systems. Required 1 Years
Weekly review of all outstanding Help Desk tickets and notify DCLS Team Lead of overdue tickets Required 1 Years
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Help Desk Tech is responsible for providing computer information systems support via the phone, email or at a Customer workstation. Also responsible for triage of incoming new calls and monitoring of existing calls for completion.
Support duties include but are not limited to network connectivity troubleshooting, desktop hardware, OS, printers, phone, and Multimedia support. The candidate will need to have a basic understanding of Active Directory in a multiple Domain network environment. They must also have a fundamental understanding of Personal Computer and Information Systems operations. The position includes ensuring that department manuals are current and items such as manuals, reference guides, IT procedures, diagrams and other technical documents remain up to date. As necessary, the ideal candidate will assist in the authoring of new troubleshooting procedures, guidelines and diagrams. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills for communicating as their primary job will be customer facing. The candidate also must be able to perform in a team environment
Help Desk Tech Job Duties include:
1. Respond to and direct help desk tickets to other technicians for resolution. DGS uses an internal application for ticketing. Exp with Remedy or similar ticketing apps is fine.
2. Perform installation and troubleshooting of PC’s, printers, iPhones and software.
3. Daily inspections of server room and data closets
4. Manage backup tape rotation and cases for offsite pickup
5. Perform network jack activation for correct VLAN
6. Basic customer training and support on Mitel phone operations. Prefer MiTel, but will accept experience with other phone systems.
7. Weekly review of all outstanding Help Desk tickets and notify DCLS Team Lead of overdue tickets