Job ID: MI-89692 (95990805)10A
Business Analyst with data warehouse, BI, Permitting, Compliance, BPR, ROI/buy/build financial analysis, RFP development experience
Location: Lansing MI (Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy, formerly Michigan Department of Environmental Quality)
Duration: 12 months
Postions: 1 (1/2)
Remote or On-site: Local candidates preferred, will need to be able to work onsite when needed. Please indicate if your candidate is willing to relocate on the top of the resume.
Top Skills & Years of Experience:
-Must have 8 years of experience acting as a Business Analyst
-Expert with documentation of Requirements used in the procurement of a Vendor IT solution. Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations and guidance our Agencies. Assigned as Lead BA as Enterprise Permitting, Inspection, Reporting and Compliance.
-Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Works closely with Agency and Agency Services management.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering.
Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
• Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Expertise in delivering training plans and materials for end-users, including workflows and desk references.