Job ID: TX-LCRA11041 (912390615)
Windows/VMware Admin with Linux, Powershell, Active Directory, iSCSI/FCoE/CIFS/NFS, storage, blade servers, backup/recovery, security and ITIL experience
9 Knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems & administration
9 Knowledge of VMware virtualized Hypervisor architecture and administration
9 Experience in Powershell and/or other scripting languages
9 Skill in Active Directory provisioning, design and operation
9 Skill in provisioning of storage related resources using protocols such as iSCSI, FCoE, CIFS and NFS
9 Storage architecture and administration desirable
9 Skill in the provisioning and administration of virtual servers
9 Knowledge of unified computing systems and blade server architecture
9 Knowledge of backup and recovery practices
9 Knowledge of security best practices for systems, software and services
9 Skill in verbal and written communications, including process and diagrammatical documentation as well as presentation skills
9 Experience in ITIL processes including change and incident management and root cause analysis
9 Ability to build relationships, foster teamwork and work in a team environment
9 Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands
9 Skill in office productivity applications (i.e., email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
9 One or more Certifications – VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Storage
9 Certification relevant to systems administration, storage or virtualization
9 Degree in computer science, information technology or relevant field.
At a senior level, provisions, configures, operates and maintains physical/virtual servers and supporting services in alignment with business processing requirements. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of virtualization using unified compute, storage and network resources. This includes creating templates and balancing resources for optimal performance, availability and risk avoidance. Additional areas of responsibility include administrative support for mass storage systems and cloud based solutions. Responsible for ongoing lifecycle maintenance tasks such as monitoring, tuning, patching and securing of relevant IT resources. This work is scheduled in accordance with established policies and procedures based on ITIL framework. Additionally, this position assists in developing standard operating procedures to ensure a consistent and optimum level of performance for both operational and regulatory concerns. This position regularly takes a new perspective to solve complex problems, works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and may direct the work of other staff members
• Performs complex operating system provisioning and administration including system patch management. Works with application users and data owners to maintain named user access controls within current security roles and coordinate systems life cycle events.
• Plans, documents and communicates operating systems, physical host and ancillary resource configuration standards.
• Takes leadership role in managing major incidents and problems through root cause analysis and effective communication among teams.
• Monitors relevant systems for availability and performance. Performs periodic metrics reporting to show continuous performance.
• Follows established IT processes for change, configuration and problem management as well as regulatory requirements such as NERC/CIP.
• Acts as technical lead on assigned projects. Takes responsibility for completion of assigned project tasks.
• Actively participates in professional development activities
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards
• Designs, recommends and develops a comprehensive system of inventory and monitoring for supported hardware and software.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a program of system backups appropriate to the operating system and resident application(s).
• For incumbents at SOCC, this job will be performed in a regulated, real-time, mission critical operational environment using the processes specific to that environment.
Terms and Conditions:
– Some work hours are spent in warehouses, mechanical plants or electric substations
– Work involves weekends, holidays and non-standard hours
– Work involves providing 24/7/365 on-call support on a rotating basis