Windows Administrator with Active Directory (MSAD), DNS, DHCP, VMWare, Exchange, backup, storage/SAN, Clustering and security experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 6 Months
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides day to day management and direction to the server team for hardware, software and security solutions. Manage resources on the team for efficient and effective resolutions to issues, projects and day to day operational tasks.
• Coordinate and manage the server team with maintaining and monitoring secure server technologies (including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, Email security, Anti-Virus, Software patches, Group Policy, DNS, VM, SAN Administration and DHCP etc.); conducts research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts, and provides recommendations to the IT Director.
• Conduct problem analysis of server software and hardware issues, implement resolutions for server related software problems, network server installation and configuration; administer security and backup procedures for LAN and WAN SLED servers; participate in software and hardware evaluation. Mentor and train the server team with instructions in analysis and resolution of all tasks.
• Coordinate with vendors and other IT staff to recommend, develop quotes, evaluate and install server technologies including storage, backup, hardware and software platforms; performs analysis, design and installation of clustered server resources such as SQL, Exchange, and other related programs.
• Coordinate any required server and security audits; maintain system backups, recovery and storage while maintaining the security and integrity of the deta and physical components.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with hardware/software including Windows server OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMWare, Exchange, backup strategies, and Enterprise storage solutions
• Experience with developing processes and procedures to ensure the secure ongoing management of the server environment
• Manage and mentor the team in implementing these procedures and assist in overseeing the physical and logical security and integrity of the data center.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to various levels of personnel.
• Abiltiy to establish department procedures.
Employment Verification – 7 year history
Criminal Record – 7 Year History
Credit Report – 7 Year History
Drug Screening – 7 Panel