Job ID: MI-639399 (95591130)
Windows Admin with networking, SQL, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Firewall and PM experience
Location: Lansing, MI (DTMB)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
Able to Work Directly with business clients, determining their needs with consistent followup, maintaining a positive relationship Required 2 Years
Experience with IT Application support, Windows/Network server Required 3 Years
Experience with writing documentation for both business use and internal use Required 3 Years
Excellent Communication skills and experience with managing accounts and the associated efforts with those accounts. Required 3 Years
Technical experience with SQL, Windows IIS (or Apache/Tomcat), Firewall, Ports / Protocols, Network diagrams (Reading/Designing) Nice to have 2 Years
Experience with project management protocols, including terminology, creating project plans, working on timed tasks on a team and coordination. Desired 2 Years
This employee assists in the design, integration, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of computer applications. This position will include the follow tasks, but not limited to:
• Participate in project review meetings and project workgroups
• Design and document IT solutions that are State of Michigan standard technology
• Provide professional technical expertise to the DTMB IS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors in IT project planning, scheduling, and execution
• Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams
• Develop software code based on specified design
• Design solutions for a specific application need
• Code to Standards
• Work with the business client to create test scenarios. Design and develop plans, applications, or subsystems
• Provide defect tracking log entry information
• Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database
• Implements IT solutions
• Maintain and upgrade system as a result of tool upgrades
• Document identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis
• Produces Local Change Board documents
• Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management
• Work with vendors who provide IT solutions
• Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meetings
• Preform assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development
• Identify potential impacts of changes
• Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members
• Conduct interviews with users to determine application design requirements.
• Review rules and department policies to determine application design requirements.
• Develop Manuals and conduct training for users in the operation of the application.
• Evaluate requests for modifications and enhancements for impact on existing applications.
• Facilitate meetings with clients to determine the requirements, scope of the project, review and finalize all documents. Offer suggestions on automating any processes as much as possible.
• Document the projects using the SUITE standard methodologies.
• Develop the technical design documentation either, with a team or independently, facilitate review with team members, then finalize with the clients approval.
• Follow all version control standards.
• Write customer procedures, as needed.
• Train customers on the functional use of application.
• Research and evaluate software and new technology-based processes for possible implementation.
• Test and evaluate software.
• Formulate findings in written and verbal form for presentation to supervisor staff and/or clients.
• Write instructions for loading, maintaining, and/or using software.