Request ID: BL-9511-1 (910091103)
Windows Admin with Linux/AIX, Active Directory, GPO, PowerShell, Citrix/XENAPP, Tomcat, SQL Server, DR, HyperV, Dell Compellent SAN, CDC/HIPAA/CJIS, Solarwinds and VMware experience
Duration: 12 Months
An interview panel will conduct one initial round of in person, video, or phone conference interviews.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER AND NETWORK HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OPERATING SYSTEMS.
2. EXPERIENCE WITH WINDOWS SERVER.
3. EXPERIENCE WITH LINUX SERVER, AIX.
4. GPO AND POWERSHELL.
5. CITRIX PRESENTATION SERVER OR XENAPP.
6. MICROSOFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY.
7. APACHE TOMCAT.
8. SQL SERVER.
9. EXPERIENCE WITH BACKUP AND DR IN ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENT.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Critical thinking skills and problem resolution.
2. Prefer experience with Microsoft HyperV.
3. Dell Compellent SAN Administration.
4. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
5. EXPERIENCE WITH SOLARWINDS
6. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
7. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
8. EXPERIENCE IN DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING ENTERPRISE LEVEL SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURES.
Database Platforms backup/recovery Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Demonstrated knowledge/skills of the IT industry which includes: multi-tiered architectures, enterprise applications, evaluation of emerging technologies, networks, data management systems and hardware systems. Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Operating Systems/APIs AIX Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Operating Systems/APIs Linux Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Operating Systems/APIs PowerShell Yes 4 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Operating Systems/APIs VMware 4/5 Yes 5 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Operating Systems/APIs Windows Server Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Packaged Applications Tomcat Yes 7 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Microsoft Active Directory Yes 6 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of Department and solution implementation staff for Server Hosting related planning, designing, installation, configuration, and conversion of physical and virtual server environment for conversion into a segmented framework. Will coordinate with assigned IT Section Manager and Team Lead on daily assignments, tasks and coordinate and collaborate with contract staff as well as existing Department Enterprise Computing Services staff and other IT professionals with the Office of Information Technology. Ensure assignments are completed accurately and on-time, assist with problem resolution, mitigate issues, provide solutions, communicate, and escalate as needed to management, and report progress to manager.
Will advise Staff on hardware configurations and implementations, work with vendor and staff on deliverables, troubleshooting and conversion of current environment to segmented framework.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor Systems to ensure maximum uptime using Solarwinds and other tools.
• Assist supporting Public Health and Lab systems and environments to ensure maximum uptime and performance.
• Work with IT staff to install, configure, implement, test, and maintain new systems.
• Support of systems running on Microsoft server, AIX, and Linux.
• Assist with supporting Apache Tomcat.
• Create and maintain supporting GPO and PowerShell scripts.
• Monitor and identify server issues and remediate.
• Assist with supporting agency Citrix environment (current v6.5 / new v7.5) and supporting published applications.
• Assist with migration of systems and servers from flat network to segmented network.
• Assist with application and server firewall rules.
• Monitor agency ticketing system and complete assigned tickets.
• Assist staff in resolving system-related problems.
• Assist with System user account permissions and security.
• Assist with monthly scheduled server patching.
• Create and maintain supporting system and training documentation.
• Coordinate and assist with system testing and production validation.
• Adhere to State and Agency Security and IT policies and standards.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.).
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.