Job ID: TX-53019002 (98590829)
Location: Austin TX (DFPS)
Duration: 12 months
3 Working Knowledge of Prototyping, Mockups, POCs
3 Expert in Responsive and Progressive Web Application Development
2 Expert in Angular Framework
5 Working knowledge of Version Control using SVN or GIT
2 Experience as a participant in agile software development teams
2 Working knowledge in SharePoint Development
2 Working knowledge in Front-end testing automation like Selenium
1 Working knowledge in Accessibility testing, WCAG2.0, and Section 508
The DFPS Information Resource Management Program (IT Division) seeks up to four workers in the role of UX Engineer to assist the IT Division with the modernization of existing DFPS’ Enterprise web applications, adhering to cross-browser compatibility, Sec 508 compliance, and Usability standards. The workers will work within teams comprising nine members including a project manager, Java developers, business analysts, and functional/testing analysts.
The UX Engineer role is responsible for the following:
• Development of the Plain HTML pages.
• Development of front-end code.
• Peer review of front-end code.
• Resolution of front-end defects.
The workers must have a strong UX development background with extensive experience in the following:
• Experience with the usability, user journey mapping, story boarding, mockups, prototyping, and proof of concept (POC) development.
• Experience building Responsive and Progressive web applications with cross-browser support.
• Experience with the Angular Framework.
• Experience with Accessibility testing with a strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0/Section 508 is highly desired).
Other Special Requirements
• Candidates must be available for a face-to-face interview.
• Vendors are asked to fully vet their candidates for availability of a face-to-face interview during the interview period which will occur within two to three weeks after closing date of solicitation.
• Vendors are asked not to include their company logo in the candidate’s resume; any vendor branding information will be redacted from the resume prior to hiring managers screening the responses.
• Candidates selected for interview must be able to do a face to face interview at the DFPS work location listed in this solicitation in order to be considered.