Job Id: WA-ITPS1803 (99990830)
Web Developer with Dreamweaver, Drupal, WordPress, Windows Server 2016, IIS, Tableau, Power BI and Responsive Designing Experience
Location: Olympia, WA (RCO)
Duration: 7+ Months
The purpose of this work request is to solicit proposals for a consultant to research and recommend a platform to host RCO’s family of Web sites and to redesign those Web sites so they are consistent, modern, accessible to people with disabilities, and responsive across computers, tablets, and cell phones.
The redesigned sites must provide adequate incorporation (via look and feel, links, and in some cases interaction) with the following additional sites and database:
The Web sites currently are housed on a Windows Server 2016 running IIS 10.
Task 1: Analysis. Using Google Analytics, analyze RCO’s Web sites’ performance, usage, and functionality. Review the RCO staff report about the existing problems and ideas for change (Exhibit A). Interview RCO’s three-person Executive Management Team about its Web site needs, problems, and expectations. Analyze five different platforms, including Dreamweaver, Drupal, WordPress, and two of the contractor’s choosing and prepare a thorough pro-con lists for each.
Task 2: Testing. Hold three focus groups or conduct other similar research with RCO customers (recreation-salmon, invasive species, boating) to help determine the best navigation structure for each Web site. RCO can provide lists of customers and must approve the format of the focus groups or research, the moderators, and the questions. In addition, after the Web site is designed, conduct online or in-person usability testing to verify ease of finding content.
Task 3: Design three different graphic treatments of RCO’s main Web site, showing how each treatment would be extended or vary for the Invasive Species and Boating Web sites. The proposals must show the parent and one child page and a third page displaying a table. Allow for three revisions to the preferred treatment.
Task 4: Build. Build all pages. Different types of pages currently used are in Exhibit B. These page types may or may not be needed in the new design. Help RCO staff write the content to fit the new layout. RCO staff is expecting to do the majority of writing but may need assistance in drafting some content, creating graphics, selecting photographs, and developing other necessary elements. Other tasks include the following:
• Help integrate the key messages of RCO and its boards and councils into the Web site (key messages are in Exhibit C).
• Help create any necessary graphics.
• Host a development site that can be used to write and edit content, and then be transferred to RCO once the sites are complete.
• Facilitate regular calls with RCO to ensure clear communication and project progression.
• Assist with tagging and embedding of videos.
• Ensure the site meets Americans with Disabilities Act compliant design. Must be compliant with WCAG 2.0 A and AA (example checklist).
• Ensure the Web sites are compatible with major browsers and older versions of Internet Explorer back to Internet Explorer 11.
• Ensure the Web sites can interact properly with Esri story maps, GIS maps, Tableau Public, and Microsoft Power BI.
• Ensure the Web sites have responsive design. Responsive design does not mean the Web sites become smaller versions of the regular sites, but instead are rendered so that content is rearranged to show only what is necessary for people using small, hand-held devices.
• Assist RCO in problem-solving as needed and preparations for site migration, launch, and release.
• Provide all native files for all graphics created. Each graphic should have original files for all elements contained in that graphic.
• Provide written documentation on all styles used.
Task 5: Training. Provide one, 2-hour training session for content editors so they can enter new content effectively. Provide up to two, 2-hour training sessions with RCO’s Webmaster and others to give overview of site, troubleshoot problems, and transfer knowledge, etc. Provide site code review (CSS, PHP, HTML code) of any Deliverables: (the schedule below will be negotiated once contractor is selected)
Deliverable 1: A report summarizing the analytics, interviews, and platform comparisons from Task 1 and the customer research from Task 2. The report should recommend a platform for all three Web sites and solutions for improved navigation for all the sites. (Due Oct. 31, 2018)
Deliverable 2: Presentation of three different graphic treatments of RCO’s main Web site, including showing how each treatment would be extended or vary for the Invasive Species and Boating Web sites. The presentation must show the parentn and one child page and a third page displaying a table. (Due Nov. 19, 2018)
Deliverable 3: Creation of a development site and construction of all page types, ready for RCO staff to enter content. (Due Nov. 30, 2018)
Deliverable 4: One, 2-hour training session for content editors so they can enter new content. (Due Dec. 7, 2018)
Deliverable 5: Online or in-person usability testing. (Due Jan. 18, 2018)
Deliverable 6: Three fully functioning and usable Web sites. (Due March 15, 2019)
Deliverable 7: Provision of all native files for all graphics created and written documentation on all styles used. (Due April 19, 2019)
Deliverable 8: Up to two, 2-hour training sessions with RCO’s Webmaster and others. (Due March 29, 2019)