Job ID: WA-4155 (90091212)2P
WA HCA PM with HCA/WA State/Office of Financial Management/WA Legislature experience
Location: Olympia WA (Health Care Authority)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Experienced project manager with a minimum of ten (10) years experience working with Washington state government agencies.
Experience with HCA and knowledge of HCA’s programs and organization.
Experience with the Washington state government authorizing environment (Office of Financial Management and/or Washington Legislature).
Availability beginning December 31, 2019 and extending through May 30, 2020. Ability to be on-site in Olympia, Washington during the project term.
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF WORK
FSD experiences a significant amount of legislative session-specific workload. The work is highly visible within the HCA and the Washington state government authorizing environment and poor performance can significantly impact HCA.
HCA is seeking skilled and experienced project managers to assist the FSD with successful completion of legislative session related fiscal tasks (internal to HCA and external to the authorizing environment) during the 2020 legislative session, to complete a project post-mortem analysis, and provide recommendations for permanent and sustainable process improvements.
• Assistance with planning and role/responsibility assignments for 2020 legislative session tasks.
• Lead scheduling, agenda preparation, action item documentation, and follow-up for two weekly legislative staff meetings during the 2020 legislative session. Follow-up will include communicating meeting discussion and decisions within the FSD organization.
• Assist FSD leaders and staff with workload prioritization (and reprioritization) resulting from weekly legislative staff meetings.
• Evaluate legislative request and workload tracking tools and system currently used by FSD and recommend improvements (pre-and post-session).
• Evaluate fiscal note and fiscal analysis workload assignment and process flow currently used by FSD and recommend improvements (pre- and post-session).
• Executive support to the Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Chief Financial Officers.
• Decision support to the FSD Leadership Team.
• Conduct 2020 Legislative Session post-mortem.
• Provide written recommendations for FSD legislative session task and process improvements.