ID: SC-8821-1 (910590710)
VMWARE ADMIN with VSPHERE 6.5, NSX, NETWORKING, EMC, VREALIZE, HORIZON (VDI), TCP/IPHTTP, DNS, MLLP, NDMP, NTP, CLOUD, HYBRID, LINUX, AVAMAR, SWITCHES/ROUTERS, ARUBA and ACTIVE DIRECTORY Experience
Duration: 12+ months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 7-10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN LEAD OR SENIOR VMWARE ADMINISTRATOR
• 7+ YEARS DEMONSTRATING EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF VMWARE, VSPHERE AND VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES IS REQUIRED.
• EXPERIENCED KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND ENVIRONMENTS, SPECIFICALLY VMWARE VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS.
• ABILITY TO SOLVE BASIC TO MODERATELY COMPLEX PROBLEMS AND APPLY CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS.
• DEMONSTRATED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND CONSULTATIVE SKILLS
• ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE AND IMMEDIATELY USE HIGH-LEVEL UNDERSTANDING OF DATA CENTER TECHNOLOGIES AND ARCHITECTURE
• VMWARE/VSPHERE 6.5
• VMWARE NSX NETWORKING
• EMC STORAGE
• VREALIZE OPERATIONS
• VREALIZE AUTOMATION
• VREALIZE ORCHESTRATION
• VREALIZE NETWORK/LOG INSIGHT
• HORIZON (VDI)
• NETWORKING PROTOCOLS, TCP/IPHTTP, DNS, MLLP, NDMP, NTP
• PROFICIENCY CONFIGURING AND TROUBLESHOOTING VMWARE/HORIZON ENVIRONMENT
• EXPERIENCE IN CLOUD AND HYBRID CLOUD ARCHITECTURE AS WELL AS HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
• CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING LINUX AND MICROSOFT WINDOW SERVER ENVIRONMENTS
• SHELL SCRIPTING
• CAN MENTOR JUNIOR ENGINEERS
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
AVAMAR DATA DOMAIN
DELL POWEREDGE SERVERS
WINDOWS ACTIVE DIRECTORY
DELL OPEN MANAGE INTEGRATION
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR EQUIVALENT
• EQUIVALENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE CAN BE SUBSTITUTED FOR FORMAL EDUCATION
Operating Systems/APIs VMWare Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Operating Systems/APIs VMware vSphere Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages Shell Scripting Yes 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 1 – 2 Years
Protocols Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 1 – 2 Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
THIS POSITION WILL WORK WITH VMWARE AND STORAGE ASPECTS FOR THE INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS TEAM .
ROLE SUMMARY/ PURPOSE
This position will support the Infrastructure and Operations Manager and development leads with development, implementation and integration of VMWare. They will ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the needs of the Data Center and Agency. Other essential duties include providing maintenance and technical support to the Core Engineer Team.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all task with minimal oversight and positive attitude
• Ensuring that the new servers/products are implemented in accordance with agency requirements and industry best practices
• Systems security including proper hardening measures prior to server deployment as well as retroactively on production systems in accordance with MARS-E standards
• Reviewing configurations on existing servers
• Reviewing and changing as needed existing Windows infrastructure
• Troubleshooting and resolving server and infrastructure issues with guidance on resolving end-user issues
• Knowledge transfer to existing staff
• Server and infrastructure documentation
• Implementation/Refinement of Change Management systems
• Assisting with daily operations on the server and infrastructure management
• Providing leadership and direction for the agency’s virtual server.
• Managing server and storage solutions for VMware virtual server.
• Performing Lead system administration task for vSphere infrastructure.
• Actively monitoring server systems for replication, performance, network connectivity and use.
• Developing and ensuring infrastructure documentations such as design and environment specifications.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for troubleshooting support during project engagements.
• Designing and delivering complex virtualization and data center architectures.
• Maintaining current knowledge of data center virtualization products and technology.
• Developing SOPs and complete runbooks for project engagements.
• Developing design, migration and deployment documentation
• Preparing status reposts and technical reports.
• Developing Level of Efforts and provide assistance with SOW development
• Providing design, implementation support and maintenance of servers.
• Leading process to gather, understand and document unique customer requirements
• Creating complex Bills of Materials
• Validating Bulls of Materials to ensure accuracy prior to shipment to deployment sites
• Additional duties as assigned