Job ID: NC-596065 (97790626)
Vendor Management PM with BA, MS Project/Visio/Access, Adobe, TPRM, ITSM, Procurement and process optimization experience
Location: Raleigh NC (DHHS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated change management best practices. Required 5 Years
Ability to provide project management support and manage the day-to-day vendor and contract activities to ensure desired outcomes Highly desired 5 Years
Extensive Knowledge of Project Management principles and best practices Highly desired 5 Years
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline driven environment Required 5 Years
Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe software Highly desired 7 Years
Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis BA principles and best practices Required 5 Years
Knowledge of IT Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) principles and best practices Highly desired 3 Years
Knowledge of IT Service Management(ITSM) principles and best practices Highly desired 3 Years
Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels Required 7 Years
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents. Required 5 Years
Strong organizational, problem solving, and planning skills with the ability to set priorities Required 5 Years
Superior quantitative and analytical skills Required 5 Years
Previous experience in a TPRM, Procurement and/or Vendor Management environment a plus Highly desired 3 Years
Previous experience with process optimization Required 5 Years
The IT Vendor Management Specialist (IT-VMS) will be responsible for ensuring that the impact of new or upgraded IT systems contracts are effectively managed to support the delivery of desired business and technology outcomes. The role will work with the business change and process improvement teams, DHB Finance and ITD Applications Management to support the governance model to achieve required outcomes .
The IT-VMS plays a pivotal role in supporting contract stakeholders by providing guidance and expertise on the Vendor performance program and framework. Additionally, the Specialist also has responsibility for supporting DHHS internal business units with sourcing and vendor selection, contract drafting and pricing negotiations, vendor relationship management, risk mitigation, vendor on boarding and on-going vendor monitoring responsibilities. The Specialist will lead multiple projects within different internal departments. In this role, you will be working with a variety of Information Technology Vendors.
This resource may interface with Division Leadership and DHHS Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required to complete the work. This role is focused on managing and monitoring integration efforts and compliance. Participation in drafting procurement documentation (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ) is key aspect. Interface with business stakeholders will occur daily.
I. Third Party Risk Management:
• Assist in the planning, design and implementation of a Vendor Performance Management program including the policy, framework and procedures
• Contributes and executes overall strategy and vision of the Vendor Management Unit (VMU)
• Oversees the third-party on-boarding process, including risk assessment and due diligence through partnerships with Legal, business unit and security to ensure all requirements are met.
• Oversees the day-to-day risk mitigation, monitoring, and reporting as it relates to third party relationships
• Considered subject matter expert in associated risk and risk management methodology
• Review vendor risk assessment outputs to ensure risk has been appropriately assessed
• Delivers reporting from the third-party risk management platform and team presentations to stakeholders, including to senior management and oversight committees, including reporting on critical and high-risk relationships/products.
• Aid in design, creation and delivery of program training to internal business unit stakeholders
• Ensure departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulatory standards and company policies and procedures
• Participate in team’s preparation and involvement in regulatory examinations
• Assist with the creation of policies and procedure for the Vendor Management Unit
• Develop and maintain Vendor Scorecards
• Analyze external supplier data to drive recommendations
• Challenges and provides process improvement strategies on existing procedures and processes across the team and risk organization to achieve efficiencies.
• Basic understanding of SOC reports, Business Continuity Planning, Inherent Risk and Entity Level Controls
II. IT Contract Management:
• In coordination with Procurement (OPCG and DIT) and legal, provide the following duties: reviewing and red-lining contracts, providing recommendations on business risks to contract owners, coordinating the appropriate additional reviews from departments such as Security, depending on contract type, and ensuring compliance with Federal/State Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform pre-contract support, including vendor pre-qualification (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ)
• Review and assist negotiating contracts (includes NDAs, master agreements, amendments, statements of work, etc.) in all areas of complexity and risk, with minimal supervision
• Interface with Business Owners to ensure contract negotiation objectives align with key stakeholder expectations and provide project status and analysis throughout the negotiation and contract development phases
• Evaluate vendor documents to determine acceptability based on business unit needs and Federal/State standards
• Resolve contractual and interpretive differences between vendors and business units
• Develop and promote strategic partnerships with vendors
• Provide financial analysis support for financial negotiations of contracts
• Develop goals and metrics for measuring and managing supplier performance
• Mitigate vendor risk and create third party contingency plans
As IT Vendor Management subject matter expert, drives performance standards utilizing creative problem solving to find win-win solutions to challenges.
Creates, modifies, and extracts reports and dashboards to communicate key metrics to contracting personnel and leadership team.
• Create and Implement a performance management and risk management process
• Build the methodology to measure and improve vendor performance
• Build and lead strategic road maps and capacity forecasts
• Reduce OpEx and optimize CapEx spend
• Create vendor partnerships to drive innovation and optimize vendor performance
• Build out analytics and reporting capabilities (Vendor Scorecards)