Job ID: FL-Doc150779 (98390723)
VB/Oracle Developer with VB.net, classic ASP, PL/SQL, DML, DDL, Git, Jenkins, ISDM, TOAD, SQL Developer/Navigator, UML, XP, Kanban, Agile/Scrum, Oracle Forms, PHP, Crystal Reports, AngularJS/NodeJS/React, RESTful web services and Bootstrap experience
Location: tallahassee FL (DEP – Office of Technology & Information Services)
Duration: 12 months
References: 3 in attached form
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• 7+ years’ experience developing desktop applications with VB.Net
• 5+ years’ experience developing using Visual Studio IDE. (Specific versions that we maintain leverage: Visual Studio 2008 and 2013)
• 5+ years’ experience with Oracle databases with the capability to write complex queries and develop complex PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL.
• 3+ years’ experience developing classic Microsoft ASP (ASP 3.0) applications
• Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
• Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
• Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
• Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
• Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
• Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
• Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
• Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
• Experience developing applications with the following languages: Oracle Forms, PHP, Crystal Reports and VB6
• Experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS
• Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
• Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
• Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other
Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience
Required Tasks to be Performed:
• Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
• Assisting in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
• Research and document requirements of program users.
• Writing, translating and coding software programs and applications per specifications.
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
• Working with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Providing mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.