Job ID: MI-636489 (95191120)
Technical Writer with video editing, media player and training experience
Location: Lansing, MI (MDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation Required 8 Years
Experience preparing short video tutorials Required 4 Years
Excellent written and verbal skills in English Required 8 Years
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products Required 8 Years
Experience with short video making tools such as windows media player/movie maker Required 4 Years
Experience conducting end user product training class sessions Required 8 Years
Technical Writer capabilities with 8 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The senior technical writer resource will help produce high quality documents and short video tutorials for the JobNet system users. JobNet follows the agile sprint methodology for development and the resource will work with the product owners, developers, and project managers to determine the type of documentation that best suits the users’ needs, as well as the project scheduling and documentation review. Responsible for addressing the training needs of the users and also scheduling and conducting the training for the users identified by the JobNet business area.
• Attend JobNet project planning meetings to learn the scope and function of the proposed systems.
• Gather information about the JobNet users’ job functions and responsibilities, and determine their expectations about how JobNet application will address their needs.
• Present documentation options to the users, with examples and explanations of the best fit between task and documentation types.
• Present training options for JobNet, such as training scripts, task-based quick reference guides, and formal classroom training.
• Develop the JobNet application training documentation to be delivered as part of the project sprint deliverables. The deliverables include online help, short videos, quick guide references for the Job types and coordinate with the developers to create and implement it.
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of application modules
• Develop easy to understand quick reference guide, on-line documents, videos and user guide
• Attend user acceptance testing to gather feedback from users about the delivered documentation, and then if applicable, create quick reference guides that assist in the transition to the delivered solution.
• Deliver approved application training documentation on a timely basis, as determined in the project plan.
• Identify training needs
• Schedule, coordinate and assist with training.