Job ID: TX-2049618 (96190716)
Technical Writer with engineering, supply chain, electronic parts catalog, SharePoint, engineering documents, drawings, schematics, test plans and first articles experience
Location: Dallas TX (DART)
Duration: 12 months
4 Experience in maintenance requirements/processes. Strong Engineering background desired.
4 Basic understanding of supply chain requirements/processes. Strong Electronic Parts Catalog background desired.
4 Experience in records management procedures, policies, systems, and software.
4 Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) Adobe, SharePoint, & Intranet.
4 Basic understanding of engineering documents (ex., drawings, schematics, test plans, first articles, etc.).
• Responsible for managing documents (files/records) while ensuring document accuracy, quality, and integrity.
• Apply records management procedures and policies for all documentation, retention, retrieval, and destruction.
• Store, maintain, scan, image, create, track, and collect documents of the latest revision necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes using the electronic review/approval cycle (online workflow).
• Provide timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate end users and ensure that obsolete documentation is effectively removed from distribution.
• Conduct various file migrations and audits.
• Assists with development and maintenance of technical databases including an Enterprise Document Management Systems (EDMS) and technical documents (ex. Drawings, schematics, manuals, test plans, reports, etc.) as required by Engineering.
• Acts as a resource to and a liaison between Engineering groups as well as external contacts regarding document control and related issues.
• Develop and prepare a variety of reports using data analysis techniques for management review.
• Assist with the administration of the Electronic Parts Catalog System (supply chain); coordinates upgrades, changes and provides necessary end user support and resources. Maintains document accuracy.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
• Research and apply the latest up-to-date document control and records management best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Science, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration or a related field.
• Multi-faceted with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and customer service skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner.
• Must be able to work independent or in a team environment, demonstrate attention-to-detail, and possess excellent problem solving using rigorous logic.
• Ability to be mobile, and occasionally, 5% – 10% of the work time, lift objects weighing 5 – 25 pounds such as books, binders, or files. Must be able to perform within the confines of shops.
• Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
Will require some travel to other locations. Transportation from HQ provided. Scope of work may require nonstandard business hours due to special projects or emergency response.