Request ID: IN-7923-1 (910590314)
Technical Writer/PM (PMP) with MS Project/Visio and hardware/software experience
Location: Seneca SC
Duration: 9 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Proven project management experience in a technical field.
• Effective communication skills (written and oral).
• Proven experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Adaptable, flexible, and self-motivated with strong analytical thinking and time management skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in managing complex IT projects.
• Ability to plan a large complex undertaking and effectively focus the efforts of a group to execute the plan for infrastructure implementation of systems.
• Ability to effectively communicate with large or small groups of people through written or spoken communication.
• Ability to negotiate and manage change.
• Good motivational skills and decisive actions.
• Ability to lead a team by setting good examples.
• Ability to encourage others to generate new ideas.
• Knowledge of hardware and software programs.
• Must be able to assist in determining software and hardware requirements.
• Technical expertise in planning.
A bachelors degree and experience in managing large projects with moderate to high complexity and risk.
Preferred: A bachelors or masters degree in a technical or management area. Experience in managing. Experience in managing staff, project planning and implementation, application design and providing technical expertise. Experience in determining time/cost estimates. Project Management Certification preferred.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage multiple complex IT projects through all phases, including scope, schedule, and cost development; staffing; communication; risk identification and mitigation; and procurement using standard project management methodology. Job duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide direction, leadership, and support to project team members with a focus on completing the respective project within the identified scope, timeline, and budget. Provide day-to-day decision-making on critical project issues; help team members remain focused on priority items. Promptly resolve conflicts within the project between resources, schedules, etc. to ensure the project remains on schedule.
• Work independently with the project sponsor to define the scope of the project, establish a governing body, and identify key staff. Work with the assigned team members to define a project schedule or task list along with work effort involved. Work with the project leadership to develop a quality plan which focuses on customer requirements and associated testing.
• Establish a good working relationship and communication channels with customer leads. Facilitate regular meetings with the project team to obtain status updates, as well as identify possible risks. Routinely communicate (verbally or in writing) with the governing body to provide status updates, discuss risks, and gain assistance on risk mitigation strategies.
• Prepare team status reports to reflect meeting summaries, risks, and resulting action items. Develop a project charter to document the business case and goal, assumptions, constraints, target milestones, budget and funding sources, and assigned staff.
• Prepare quality standard project management documents including scope definition, project charters, project phasing plans, communication plans, work breakdown structures, cost management plans, procurement plans, scopes of works, organizational charts, meeting agendas, meeting summaries, risk tracking spreadsheets, and lessons learned.
• Attend department-level meetings and provide a status of all projects currently being managed to include milestone completion, decision items, and risks.
• Determine and evaluate risks that may affect the project and implement a risk mitigation strategy. Conduct periodic project risk assessments and takes appropriate action to address the risks.
Administrative Technical Writing Yes 3 Advanced
Packaged Applications Microsoft Office Suite Yes 2 Advanced
Program Management EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes 1 Lead
Specialties Project Management No 1