Job ID: VA-642514 (93991218)
Tableau Developer with Desktop Creator/Prep Builder, SQL, Data Analysis/Visualization, R programming and Data Science experience
Location: 109 Governor St, Richmond, VA, 23230 (VDH)
Interview: Web Cam Interview Only
Skill Required :
Strong SQL writing experience. Required 2 Years
Tableau Desktop Creator Required 2 Years
Tableau Prep Builder Required 2 Years
Good Data Analysis & Data Visualization skills Required 2 Years
R and other analytical tools Required 1 Years
Tableau Certification Highly desired 1 Years
Data Science Experience Highly desired 1 Years
*local candidates strongly preferred
*interviews will be conducted via MS Teams or Google Meet.
*candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
*please do not submit candidates who were submitted to the previous req, 639266
The Analytics and Visualization Specialist will be responsible for data analysis and development of data visualization projects for various communicable diseases, primarily for COVID-19.
General Job Description:
This resource will work as part of the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Information Management (OIM) team in coordination with the OEPI and Division of Informatics and Information Systems teams to produce data analytics assets for analysis and development of data visualization projects.
• Leverages both analytic and visualization tools to design and deliver infographics, dashboards and reports for various stakeholders and decision makers.
• Processes healthcare-related and epidemiological datasets to identify trends, perform data analyses, and develop data reports.
• Creates data visualizations through interpretation and integration of healthcare datasets from multiple sources and databases.
• Builds and enhances visual dashboards and data reports that can be used by program leaders to gain insight and support strategic planning and decision making.
• Proactively refines data quality with testing and continuous performance evaluations.
• Conducts other duties as requested/assigned.
Required Experience and Skill Set:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Strong data analysis skills, utilizing SQL, Tableau (Desktop & Prep), R, and Excel
• Willingness to work a rotating schedule in order to support data reporting seven days a week
• Experience working collaboratively with diverse groups with multiple activities, timelines, and deadlines
• Should have strong knowledge with relational databases.
• Knowledge in software development and installation, change management and testing is preferable.
• Strong designing, development and trouble shooting skills required along with good oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to work on multiple projects/issues simultaneously.