Request ID: IN-8788-1 (913190611)
Tableau Developer with Data Analytics/Visualization/modeling, OLAP, MDX, SharePoint, Power BI and Mark Logic experience
Location: Columbia, SC 29201
Duration: 12 Months
Remote Work Availability: 25%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Tableau Development 5+ years
2. Data Visualization 5+ years
3. Data Analytics 5+ years
4. OLAP and MDX 5+ years
5. Data Modeling 5 + years
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. MS SharePoint
2. MS Power BI
3. Mark Logic
4. Other BI Tools
5. MS Office Tools
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required or substitution of comparable numbers of years of experience.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Tableau Developer will be responsible for developing, publishing and maintaining Tableau dashboards and self-service OLAP solutions. The developer will need to be comfortable using Tableau to model hierarchies, as well as develop reports and dashboards against OLAP cubes. Qualified candidate should be comfortable engaging with Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff. Success in this position is measured by the Tableau Developer’s ability to deliver self- service solutions.
We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should have an excellent understanding of development concepts and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Analyze, design and create self -service Tableau OLAP solutions.
• Evaluate, analyze, design and implement dashboards and reports based on business requirements
• Triage requests, gather requirements and facilitate development with a quick turnaround time
• Develop Proof of concept solutions and demonstrate to business as required
• Provide training on developed solutions as required.
• Work with the database team to optimize deployed solutions if necessary.
• Document and maintain artifacts of logic used in Tableau.
Database Platforms MS SharePoint No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Education Associate’s Degree Yes 1
Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field No 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) queries Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Packaged Applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Data Modeling Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties OLAP Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Tableau Development 5+ years
– Data Visualization 5+ years
– Data Analytics 5+ years
– MS Power BI
– Mark Logic
– Other BI Tools