Job ID: NC-639810 (99091207)
Tableau Admin/Developer with data modeling/management/warehouse (DW), dashboard development, report design, SQL and SAAS experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDHHS)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Tableau experience Required 2 Years
Tableau Server administration experience in an enterprise environment Required 1 Years
Data Modelling, Data Warehousing, dashboard development, report design Required
Knowledge of Tableau development, practices, techniques, and standards Required 5 Years
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving abilities, Required
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Required
Familiarity with application-specific processes related to data management, SQL, SAAS, etc. Required
We are seeking a dynamic, customer-oriented, experienced Tableau Administrator/Developer to join the Information Technology Division of the Department of Health and Human Services. This role will interface with key business stakeholders to provide solutions by leveraging Business Intelligence, data and technical skills.
This is a hybrid role. The ongoing configuration, maintenance and support of the Tableau server product, along with operational support of the platform is expected to consume 25% of the role’s time. 50% will be spent on providing a centralized “center of excellence” in the use of Tableau, including the creation and care-taking for our internal user group, connections to key business stakeholders seeking to use the tool, and training staff on Tableau. The remaining 25% is expected to be aligned to consultation on the development of content.
Minimum of 4 years experience in Business Intelligence software development and maintenance with at least 2 years of Tableau experience.
1-3 years of relevant Tableau Server administration experience in an enterprise environment
Expert knowledge of Tableau development, practices, techniques, and standards.
Familiarity with application-specific processes related to data management, SQL, SAAS, etc.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving abilities, and Strength in understanding and analyzing requirements to deliver solutions within the Tableau platform.
• Must have data modeling experience including best practices and impact analysis.
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing, data modeling, the development of dashboards and report design concepts.
• Experience with installation, configuration and support of Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products.
• Expertise in dashboard and report development using Tableau.
• Expertise with Tableau BI Product Suite as an administrator and developer.
• Strong ability to interface and communicate effectively with business representatives.
• Ability to directly interact with key internal customers effectively.