Job ID: TX-80221SAPM (98790921)
System Analyst/BA with Java, QA/testing, Agile, queries and EIR accessibility experience
Location: Austin TX (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department)
Duration: 6 months
Years Required/Preferred Experience
5 Required Gather and document user requirements
5 Required Developing and implementing business improvement processes
5 Required Analyze, monitor and report on status of requirements
5 Required Lead technical discussions on options for incorporating user requirements and present results to the customer
5 Required Write testing scenarios, lead testing efforts and document findings
2 Preferred Agile project analyst role
2 Preferred Ability to write and analyze simple Ad Hoc queries
2 Preferred Knowledge of limitations of systems and of techniques used in design of non-automated systems, of applicable programming languages, of PC hardware and software and operating systems, of writing program code, and of automated mapping.
TPWD is looking for a Systems Analyst that can join a team working on a new phase of an existing custom application. The application was written in Java and we are now adding additional functional requirements. This person should:
· Quickly onboard and understand the business objectives and problems, identify alternative solutions, perform studies and cost/benefit analysis of options.
· Analyze any documented user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system.
· Coordinate with technical and functional personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
· Write detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
· Reviews the current system capabilities, specifications, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
· Studies the existing system(s) to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems or new functionality of an existing system to improve production or specifications as required. Prepares specifications to detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
· May assist computer programmer in resolution of work problems related to project specifications, or programming
· As the analyst role, may coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify the application.
· Provides technical assistance and support for applications and hardware problems and for information sharing with the staff that utilize this system.
· Ability to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, to communicate effectively, and to train others.
· Has working knowledge of EIR Accessibility standards and assistive technologies. Analyzes and diagnoses accessibility related problems and documents proposed corrective actions or alternative methods of access.