Job ID: MNSITE-64475 (99990708)
SSIS/BI Developer/PM with data modeling/analysis, Kimball, BI, SQL, UI/web/.net, Oracle/DB2/Access/MySQL, Agile/Scrum and K-12/health/labor experience
Location: St Paul MN
Duration: 12+ months
• Five (5) years’ experience in Database Development role
o A Master’s degree substitutes for three (3) years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two (2) years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one (1) year
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in Database Development role
• Five (5) years’ experience with business intelligence project management.
• Five (5) years’ combined experience with MS SQL Server databases and SSIS.
• Five (5) years’ combined experience with data modeling and analysis tools.
• Five (5) years’ experience with warehouse data modeling using the "Kimball" approach.
• Five (5) years’ experience with implementing applications based on SQL in stored procedures and creation of views
• Proven work experience as a Database developer
• In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
• Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
• Hands on experience with some of these database languages: MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL or MS Access
• Excellent analytical and organization skills
• Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Subject matter knowledge in K-12 education, health, human services, higher education, workforce and or labor data and research
• Business requirements analysis and coaching
Description of Project
The Data Developer will be working on two projects that will build up an Early Childhood Data Warehouse and move data from the warehouse to an application called Early Childhood Education Outcomes. This resource will be responsible for ETL into the warehouse, developing a scheduling mechanism to easily load new data into the warehouse and manage the dependencies between data sources. New data marts will be needed to support Tableau reporting. In addition, optimization on existing ETL and Stored Procedures needs to be done to allow procedures to be called from Java Applications. Also, the resource will need to improve documentation and data dictionary for end users. Work is to be on-site at 1500 Highway 36 W, Roseville, MN.
• Design stable, reliable and effective database
• Optimize and maintain legacy systems
• Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
• Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
• Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
• Gather user requirements and identify new features
• Develop technical and training manuals
• Provide data management support to users
• Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
• Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols