SQL Server Developer with SAS, SSIS, SSRS, DBA/upgrade/tuning, data warehousing and education/government experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 3 Months
The SC Department has several projects currently running and ongoing operational work that have an immediate need for a Database Analyst with a background in SQL Server technologies (SQL Server 2005/2008) and SAS or another equitable BI tool. This position is responsible for working with Client’s Data Management team to review and assess the quality of data. Prepare large and small data sets for research and evaluations. Works as part of a team to develop and implement projects to improve the operation and service delivery of the Department and to accomplish the goals and objectives of public education.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Development and maintenance of database procedures, reports, and automated jobs. Enhancement of existing database functions based on new/changing business requirements.
2. Report, research, correct, and test defects in reports, stored procedures, and other database related functions. Accurately translate business requirements into functional implementations.
3. Evaluate data quality in databases and across the data warehouse as well as against the extract, transfer, and load (ETL) workflow. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Design, document, maintain, execute system tests and requirements around data and data quality.
4. Identify and leverage opportunities to improve data management processes, systems, and standards.
5. Other duties as assigned.
6. Report progress weekly to management and project manager.
Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience
Database Platforms Database Upgrades Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Tuning Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years