Job Id: IN-8414-1 (99091018)
SQL Server Developer with .Net, SSRS, TFS, C#, ASP.net, SSIS, MS Access and child support experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
• 7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING COMPUTING, TELECOMMUNICATIONS, PRINTING, DATA STORAGE, DATA TRANSMISSION ETC.
• LARGE SCALE PRODUCTION SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE.
• KNOWLEDGE OF GENERALLY ACCEPTED PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES.
• PROVEN ABILITIES TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, INSTRUCT, AND REVIEW THE WORK OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS (STATE AND FEDERAL) AND EXECUTIVES.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH THE DSS AND OTHER STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STAFF.
ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS:
• MS SERVER 2008 ENTERPRISE SERVER, MS SQL 2008 R2 ENTERPRISE SERVER AND MS SQL 2008 ENTERPRISE SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
• TFS (TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER)
• MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2010
• C#, .ASP.NET, .NET
• MS ACCESS
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE BEELINE DESCRIPTION)
• PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EXPERIENCE RELATED TO CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM DESIGN AND DEVELOPED AND/OR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM’S MISSION AND OBJECTIVES.
• BS DEGREE IN RELATED FIELD (experience in lieu of degree is ok)
Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience
Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2008 Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2008 enterprise server Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Development Tools MS Access Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION AND OPERATIONS Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 6 + Years
Packaged Applications Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Program Management Large scale production system implementation experience Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Program Management Project Management experience Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages .Net Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) No 4 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a posting for a new position to perform in the role of SQL Developer that is responsible for developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This will include reports, vendor exports, data warehousing tasks and other data related tasks.
The candidate will take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
• Identifying, extracting and transforming required data based on business requirements and following data governance standards
• Manually migrating required data from the legacy system data by analyzing and mapping existing data to a new solution
• Working closely with legacy data teams and the SI/vendor teams to ensure the right data is migrated
• Performing detailed data analysis and data profiling supporting the development and implementation of data cleanse/create processes and other strategies that optimize data quality
• Understanding performance, quality, and schedule considerations
• Interpreting complex data and communicate it in an effective manner, leveraging advanced reporting techniques
• Recognizing data patterns, quantify potential issues, and identify solutions
• Standardizing, harmonizing, cleaning, preparing, and using data for datasets development, reporting, and analysis
• Providing support to the project team in terms of technical specification and build of Interface and Conversion objects
• Developing and maintaining enterprise data authoritative ownership and stewardship metadata
• Communicating and supporting the implementation of corporate policies, standards, and procedures that provide effective management of the organization’s information/data assets
• Developing and maintaining effective and efficient data ownership awareness and training programs
• Monitoring regulatory and compliance guidelines (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact