Job ID: FL-138509 (97790821)
SQL Server Developer with Git, network design, TCP/IP, XML and T-SQL experience
Location: 500 South Duval Street Tallahassee, FL (Florida Department of State)
Duration: 10 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Work samples: Provide examples of the Consultant’s work experience similar to the scope of the RFQ. Demonstrate in detail how the experience is similar and whether the organization for which the services were provided is comparable to the State.
a. In depth knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database and the Transact-SQL programming language.
b. Experienced in the use of Git Source Control version 2.17.0 or later.
b. Experience in the seamless integration of newly developed script processes with existing processes and applications.
c. Troubleshoots and corrects network connectivity issues; ensures secure network access; provides support and training as required and mentors staff on networking principles and operations; provides consultation to court technology officers in local area network design, TCP/IP traffic flow control and security.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience supporting systems software maintenance and system software operations with the following:
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft database application development in the SQL Server Management Studio development environment;
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Transact-SQL procedural language scripting;
– Advanced knowledge of stored procedures and functions using T-SQL involving both scalar and table valued parameters;
– Advanced knowledge of Common Tables Expressions;
– Advanced knowledge of complex relational database concepts, including proper use of both normalized and de-normalized data models;
– Advanced knowledge of exception handling in T-SQL;
– Knowledge of parsing and generating XML data types;
– Advanced knowledge of Git version control process and workflow;
– Familiarity with clean coding practices such as literate programming;
Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding,
testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of
existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data
architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations. Has experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.