Job ID: PA-583178 (97091206)
SQL Server Developer/Admin with CVS conversion, testing and training experience
Location: Fort Indiantown Gap | Annville, PA (Department of Military and Veterans Affairs)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
SQL Database programming with Web Integration Required 3 Years
The Department of Military and Veterans Affairs is looking for a Database Administrator to to convert files which are available in .CVS format into an SQL database with a web interface for staff to have the ability to query and produce reports.
The awarded contractor will work closely with BVH/IT staff to recommend the hardware and software needed to support a new SQL database server. This recommendation must include sizing criteria for current and potential future business/technology growth, support and make enhancements to the system and develop new functionality.
The awarded contractor will be required to provide:
• A conversion/implementation plan to move the existing data from the UltraCare system to SQL format database server.
• A product testing plan that will be completed in controlled simulations prior to go-live
• A software upgrade plan and processes for maintenance of the system
• Prepare training manuals for users
• Training to users as needed/requested
The awarded contractor shall provide proof of three (3) years’ experience in SQL, database programming with Web Integration.
The contractor will be required to maintain clearances, protocols, provide accountability for all resources assigned to them in accordance with OA Policy regulations for the duration of the contract.
The Bureau of Information technology shall provide administrative space, including a computer and access to general office equipment.
III. CONTRACTOR OBLIGATIONS: The awarded contractor shall provide onsite programming services and shall be an independent contractor, not as an employee of the Commonwealth.
The awarded contractor shall provide an Application Developer to support existing production applications and perform complex technical analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, and implantations of new applications using existing and emerging platforms. This category includes web application and database development.
This position will perform the roles as described:
• This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team.
• Supports team in modification of enhancements and changes to applications.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills. May coordinate activities of other application developers.
• Supports business process, problem analysis and consultation.
• Processes open defect/maintenance tickets and correct technical errors.
• Reviews and understands the Application Team’s work plan.
• Provides status of work to Team Lead.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team.
• Develops contingency plans as necessary.
• Engages in ongoing process improvement.
• Detailed functional and process knowledge.
• Utilizes deep modeling, design, and coding skills.
• Provides expertise in one or more database environment