SQL Server DBA with SSRS, TFS, Project Management, Agile/Scrum, .Net/C++/Visual Studio, NHibernate, SubVersion and Child Support Enforcement system/government experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration : 18 months
The CFS Project is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining federal certification of a federally-mandated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) that will provide comprehensive support to the operation of South Carolina’s Child Support Enforcement (CSE) program as well as for completing the development and implementation of the Family Court Case Management System (FCCMS) for the 46 Clerks of Court.
The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills for the software development of the new Integrated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) under the South Carolina Department of Social Services. Candidates must be highly knowledgeable and experience in the use of Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, VB, ASP.net/.NET, Microsoft Operating Systems, SQL Server RDBMS tools and platform environments.
Position Description – Database Administrator
This position strategically designs, develops and implements efficient information systems and operations systems in support of network, telecommunications and core organizational functions. This position applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This position will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Systems Architect will serve as the product owner and provide technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning and execution.
This position serves as the Product Owner and will work collaboratively with the system development team and will perform the following:
• Designs systems software and database solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
• 10 years experience in information technology including computing, telecommunications, printing, data storage, data transmission etc.
• 8+ years of large system architecture.
• Large scale production system implementation experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted system architecture, project management and supervision principles and practices.
• Proven abilities to plan, organize, instruct, and review the work of the development team.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders (State and Federal) and executives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
• Preference will be given to experience related to Child Support Enforcement system design and developed and/or knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement program’s mission and objectives.
Environments and Tools
• MS Server 2008 enterprise server, MS SQL 2008 R2 enterprise server and MS SQL 2008 enterprise server Reporting Services
• TFS (Team Foundation Server)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
• C#, .ASP.net, .NET
• SubVersion (Source Control)
• Java Script
• NHibernate, CA-Erwin data model, DOORS
Criminal Record – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation
Credit Report – 7 Year History