Job Id: MNSITE-1138 (912590805)
SQL Server Administrator with SSIS, SSAS, MDX, Data warehouse, data mart design, RDBMS, MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL/ MS Access, Linux, SQL Certification and Kimball Experience
Location: Roseville, MN 55113 (MDE)
Duration: 12 Months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Interview: in-person/ Skype
• Five (5) years’ experience in Database Administration role
o A Master’s degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one year
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in Database Administration role
• Five (5) years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Five (5) years’ experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
• Five (5) years’ experience with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
• Five (5) years’ experience with Database administration of Microsoft SQL Server
• Five (5) years’ experience with Data warehouse
• Five (5) years’ experience with data mart design principles
• Experience with the Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
• Experience with database design
• Experience with routine database maintenance, disaster recovery, and database backup/failover procedures
• Experience with reporting tools
• Knowledge of database languages, MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL or MS Access.
• Knowledge of database structure and theory
• Knowledge of distributed computing architectures, e.g. client–server model
• Knowledge of operating system, e.g. Windows or Linux
• Knowledge of storage technologies and networking
• SQL certification
• Warehouse data modeling using the Kimball approach
• Experience documenting and presenting database architecture specifications.
• Install server software
• Configure database servers
• Monitor and maintain system health and security
• Design backup processes for server and associated data
• Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
• Establish a disaster recovery protocol
• Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
• Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
• Create database management procedures
• Evaluate data analysis models and procedures
• Participate in company’s cross-training program
• Coordinate and manage data set “logistics”
• Conduct data profiling, using MN P20W standards practices to iteratively work with the data provider to define, document, and clean data.
• Define the data linking rules to be exercised on the personally identifying information available in each data set.
o Use this definition to evaluate existing data linking rules and integrate the new data set in a way that maintains or improves the quality of data linking results.
• Develop the program logic to link and load each data set into the operational data stores (ODS).
• Create the database architecture required to support the linking, loading, and storage of the new data in the ODS, consistent with the existing architecture.
• Create and populate a data warehouse from the ODS.
• Evaluate and possibly refine the data operations to accommodate the data frequency and business needs.