SQL Server Admin with Kerberos, NLTM, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Dynamic Management Views (DMV), DR/HA/clusters, backup/restore, MS Office and project management experience
Location: COLUMBIA, SC
Duration: 18-24 months.
There is an attached supplemental questions document. Candidate must also complete the supplemental questions before resume will be reviewed.
It is assumed that resumes will reflect quality of candidate. Unorganized and unprofessional resumes will be promptly disregarded. Resumes should be no more than 2 pages.
Job Description: Skill set expectations are that the candidates who are strong with SQL Servers should also have experience and working knowledge of how it interacts with other networks, servers, Active directory, etc. Additionally, this person should be familiar with the entire process "soup to nuts" of SQL Server.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
THIS IS AN ONGOING PROJECT TO ENABLE DSS TO BETTER SECURE, MANAGE, IMPEMENT AND MAINTAIN SQL SERVER ENVIRONMENT. THIS POSITION IMPACTS AGENCY’S ABILITY TO MEET FEDERAL GUIDELINES AND PROGRAM INITIATIVES.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops security measures and policies for SQL Server to prevent unauthorized access.
* Recommends tools and resources to monitor SQL Server activity and provide key statistics and performance measures.
* Researches and evaluates new technologies to improve SQL Server functionality.
* Analyzes and troubleshoots problems related to SQL Server Environment.
* Knowledge and experience with SQL Server 2005 or above.
* Knowledge and experience with SQL Server connection protocols including Kerberos and NLTM.
* Create, Write, Trouble-shoot and Deploy SSIS packages.
* Creates triggers, stored procedures, and query optimization plans.
* Creates normalized database objects.
* Creates SQL Server maintenance plans for DR planning and business continuity.
* Installs SQL Server as per best practices.
* Practical knowledge of SQL DBMS objects such as system databases and recovery models.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Backup and restore methodologies.
• Experience architecting, setting up, configuring and administrating failover clusters, mirroring, replication and other high availability strategies.
• Experience troubleshooting bottle necks in SQL Server.
• Experience creating, deploying and managing SQL Server Auxiliary features such as SSRS. SSAS, SSIS.
• Skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
STRONG PROJECT SKILLS
MINIMAL MANAGEMENT REQUIRED
Additional Skills: Advanced skill set for building and administering high availability environments with load balancing.
Ability to train Jr. DBAs.
Must be organized, focused, and ability to communicate well to superiors, peers and customers.
Must be a conceptual and analytical thinker with ability to logically process steps and communicate action plan.
Criminal Record – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation
Credit Report – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) Check via website Candidate Confirmation
SCDSS Central Registry Check Candidate Confirmation