SQL DBA with PL/SQL, data migration/integration, scripting, clustering/virtualization, pearl, ITIL experience and SQL Server/MCSA/MCS certification
Location: Norman, OK
Duration: 12 months
A bachelor’s degree and 36 months or more of significant experience designing, installing, administering, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases or an equivalent combination of course work and experience.
– Very proficient with Microsoft SQL Server database administration including design, installation, maintenance, performance tuning, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting;
– Very proficient with Microsoft SQL Server;
– Extensive knowledge of PL SQL as well scripting;
– Proficient with data migration and integration techniques;
– Excellent analytical, technical, business, organizational, and communications skills;
– Innovative and creative thinker with willingness to collaborate and share ideas particularly when problem solving technical issues.
– Self-starter with passion for technology;
SQL Server certification;
MCSA or MSCE certification;
Experience with server clustering;
Experience and proficiency with server virtualization;
Proficient with Pearl programming;
Knowledgeable about ITIL framework;
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Works with project team to design and implement SQL Server databases to meet user requirements.
– Responsible for the ongoing tuning and optimization of existing SQL Server databases.
– Responsible for disaster recovery and backup/recovery planning.
– Specify configurations and hardware for new SQL Server installations taking into account capacity needs and future growth.
– Performs logical and physical data modeling and transaction analysis as needed.
– Works with application areas on projects and may serve as a technical lead to define database requirements.
– Research performance issues and report findings to service desk, development staff, team leaders and project managers.
– Troubleshoot system errors, problems in program code, and at the database level.
– Write and maintain script processes file brokering and data loading.
– Maintains thorough knowledge of current technology trends and advancements through self – learning or scheduled classroom training.
– Participates in the IT mentoring program as both a mentor and mentoree.
The Sr. SQL Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for SQL Server database administration and is a member of the OU IT Infrastructure and Communications Team. He or She manages and maintains production and non-production Microsoft SQL databases for a wide variety of software applications that support the academic and administrative business needs of the University campus. This person will be responsible for adhering to industry or University best practices in the area of system standards, design of physical data storage, system maintenance, system access and security administration. In addition, this individual will perform backup and recovery on database systems; configure database parameters; prototype designs against logical data models; and define data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements. This position optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.